Is there any food to encourage weight loss?

Options
I workout 3 times a week doing body pump, body combat and body attack. I track and eat 1200 calories a day (sometimes more if I'm exercising). However I don't feel as though I'm losing as much as I should be. Have went healthy before and through eating and excercise and it's worked. But this time seems to be taking forever. Is there actually any foods I can eat to help encourage weight loss? Any shakes etc?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Undercooked shellfish, maybe.

Realistically, no.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    No. If there was no one would need to lose weight.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    No
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    no, just less of it...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    All of the food that you ate before, but a little bit less of it.

There really aren't any foods that encourage healthy weight loss or have negative calories, so to speak.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options

someone i know once lost a stone in a week that way
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There really are not any foods that will encourage weight loss, but a ton of them that will make it more difficult. Look over your diary and cut out soda, sugars, fast food.... clean up your diet (if need be) and you will see quicker progress. Good Luck!
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
  • Jenmcwx
    Jenmcwx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There really are not any foods that will encourage weight loss, but a ton of them that will make it more difficult. Look over your diary and cut out soda, sugars, fast food.... clean up your diet (if need be) and you will see quicker progress. Good Luck!

This is a good idea! Thanks :)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Dr Pepper, cookies, Whataburger, 111 pounds lost.

• Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs since March eating pretty much healthy: fruits, veggies, lean meats, nuts lots of cheese but also my dose of daily chocolate and twice a week we eat pizza and some other form of restaurant food. So no there really isn't a secret food you need to eat. Just eat less and move more.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Dr Pepper, cookies, Whataburger, 111 pounds lost.

Fudge bars, donuts, frozen custard galore, and a processed meal for every lunch - 80 lbs lost.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    All the food that I DON'T eat contributes greatly to my weight loss, right?

All of it.

Every. Last. Bit.

I didn't eat 30,000 pounds of bananas in Scranton, PA last night ... so that's a metric butt-ton of food encouraging my weight loss.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Realistically, no.

Raw chicken.
  • jenny2505mfp
    jenny2505mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would do more weight training and less classes. More muscle you build more calories you burn.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Jenmcwx wrote: »

This is a good idea! Thanks :)

Why is it always the one dissenting opinion that the OP latches on to?
  • 1sgs
    1sgs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You could easily be exchanging fat loss for muscle gain. That is definitely a win win for you

Lemon oil is a natural appetite suppressant.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Lemon oil? Like in furniture polish?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    1sgs wrote: »
    You could easily be exchanging fat loss for muscle gain. That is definitely a win win for you

Lemon oil is a natural appetite suppressant.

A female eating at a deficit is not building appreciable muscle mass.