Fasting for Ramadan!

Options
Anyone else here fasting in Ramadan? If so, what are some filling breakfast ideas to get us through the day.

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Protein..
  • fahdaliasif
    fahdaliasif Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep... i suppose just trying to stick with eating clean (not the usual fried stuff and carbs) plus lots and lots of water
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    3 egg omelette with ham, mushrooms, broccoli, diced tomatoes, and whatever other veggies you like. Maybe pair it with a side of bacon and fresh fruit.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    3 egg omelette with ham, mushrooms, broccoli, diced tomatoes, and whatever other veggies you like. Maybe pair it with a side of bacon and fresh fruit.

*gently points out the whole Ramadan thing*

But otherwise a tasty idea.
  • LCD_80
    LCD_80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not fasting but have a friend who is, how can you stomach a big breakfast in the middle of the night? Or are you located somewhere where sunrise is a air bit later than 4am (and sunset's at 10pm - don't know how you do it!)
  • nasima100
    nasima100 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    gotta eat before the sunrises (its actually before our morning prayer which is gonna be around 3:30am), the hardest part is waking up to eat but you eventually get used to it plus its easier when you have your family doing it together. Dinner will be at 9pm...going to be a long day!
  • cookiesventana
    cookiesventana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends at work who will be fasting for Ramadan! :). I would suggest a big bowl of oatmeal, i personally don't like hot oats so i eat mine cold soaked in almond milk. I recently made a really yummy recipe with quick oats, almond milk, a little agave or honey, a little cocoa powder, chia seeds, and frozen cherries. Just let it sit in fridge for a few hours, overnight, or u can eat right away if you don't use frozen fruit. The oats have lots of protein and fiber and healthy carbs to keep you full, same with the chia seeds and healthy fats. I would add lots of fresh fruit, whatever kind you like and enjoy!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is currently working in Abu Dhabi and they were told they have to observe, not even a drop of water is allowed to pass their lips during day light hours (at least in public).
  • mary786mfp
    mary786mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually stick with masala omelette with tea at suhoor and generally soup at iftar with some grilled meat later. x
  • naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Eggs,eggs and more eggs.:)....Ramadan Kareem in advance.
  • StellaMA20
    StellaMA20 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    protein shakes are great for suhoor - especially casein! otherwise, chicken and cooked veggies...fruits and cheese. avoiding refined sugar and refined grains really helps
  • kingnarsis
    kingnarsis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not fasting but have a friend who is, how can you stomach a big breakfast in the middle of the night? Or are you located somewhere where sunrise is a air bit later than 4am (and sunset's at 10pm - don't know how you do it!)

when there is a will... there is a way...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Zaftique wrote: »

*gently points out the whole Ramadan thing*

But otherwise a tasty idea.

*snort*
  • kalbo798
    kalbo798 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    who comes up with these customs?