Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    give it two weeks and you will get used to it, within a month you will wonder how and why you ever ate what you did

DON'T GIVE IN

its not easy but you only set yourself back

Goodluck

p.s drink water and eat low cal foods

• sixele96
    sixele96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you eating OP?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    how many calories are you eating OP?

This. Also, what's your height/weight/age/activity level? How many lbs did you set MFP to lose per week?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It sucks the first couple weeks. Hopefully you'll get used to eating less in a shorter time.
    it-s-okay-o.gif
  • blue_eyes1978
    blue_eyes1978 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Drink water it helps a lot and good to boost metabolism :) Find small snacks that will keep you satisfied in between meals. It's not going to be easy but it will be worth it :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Drink water it helps a lot and good to boost metabolism :) Find small snacks that will keep you satisfied in between meals. It's not going to be easy but it will be worth it :)

Water does not boost metabolism
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You'll get through it. If you get too hungry, read through some success stories, they really help me when I am having a horrible day and want to eat more than allotted.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Day 210 - I am so hungry :-( - Everything (except the water boosts metabolism) is true. But what hasn't been mentioned is that losing weight means eating at a calorie deficit and your body will resist this fiercely. It thinks you are going to die and does all sorts of things to motivate you to prevent this disastrous state of affairs. So part of the journey of successful weight loss is finding a way to live with hunger as serenely as you can. This will consist of a mixture of food choices to maximise satiety (physiologically and psychologically), finding a pattern of eating (times of day, all days the same or up days and down days) that works and finding a way to win (or at least declare a truce) in the mental battle (mindfulness, relaxation, meditation, CBT, ACT...). You may find hunger gets better, or you may find it doesn't - no-one can say. My experience was inititially hunger was terrible, then it got much better, then it got almost as bad again, and now (200+) days later it is generally better, but I still have bad days both physiologically and psychologically. Good luck, feel free to send a friend request for support.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat something.
    Your body needs food to run efficiently.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    eat more carbs
  • berndanddana
    berndanddana Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am only a couple of days into this as well and I feel your hunger pain. Still, when I look at what I am eating, it's sufficient, I've just cut out a serious amount of junk and I think my body is in shock. Hang in there!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Some days I still get ravenous and I'm on a 390 day streak. What Alyssa and Ndj asked above....can you provide a bit more info for better help?
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The first few weeks are the hardest. It will get better than day one, trust me.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry or do you just miss eating? When I first started my diet, I really couldn't tell the difference.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    When you first start losing weight, it's okay to eat a little more than what MFP says. It will take your body some time to adjust. I was eating 1500 calories when I first started and now i'm done to averaging about 1150. Eventually there will be days where you have to force yourself to eat. If you're exercising you need to make sure you keep your body hydrated, but make sure you have enough protein. I'm learning a lot from experience and through MFP.

Feel free to add me if you need motivation or support. That goes for anyone.