Avocado's and 1200 Calories per day

Options
I get anxious when I have less than 300 calories left for dinner/the evening. Today I only have about 180 left and it's only 5:00PM looking back over my day it seems like avocado's and olive oil are the culprits. But I love both of those. hmmmmm

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Pick one, ditch the other.
    I replaced most of my olive oil consumption with Pam. Sad, I know
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you're using the olive oil for, but when I started logging and cooking a lot of stuff from a popular low cal cooking blog, I quickly discovered that I can get away with much less olive oil than I would normally use.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Prelog your day and fit them in. No need to omit either one.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a spray bottle for olive oil so that when I use it for cooking, it's really not a lot. In my salad dressings, i use more vinegar/lemon/ mustard than oil.
    Have a big green salad for dinner, large volume for fewer calories. Or vegetable soup in a clear or tomato based broth.. Filling.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Prelog your day and fit them in. No need to omit either one.

+1. I usually log what I'll be having for dinner at the start of the day, then work the rest of my cals around that. Even if I don't know what I'm having for dinner, I might quick-add 400 cals or so as a placeholder just to keep me honest :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    jvs125 wrote: »
    I have a spray bottle for olive oil so that when I use it for cooking, it's really not a lot. In my salad dressings, i use more vinegar/lemon/ mustard than oil.
    Have a big green salad for dinner, large volume for fewer calories. Or vegetable soup in a clear or tomato based broth.. Filling.

I do this. And then I adore the avocados. In things. On things. As a vessel for things.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    1200 calories are too low whats your TDEE?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Pre-log. You can have them both, maybe not in the same day, maybe in a smaller quantity. I prefer the avocado over the oil. I'm in maintenance and I still never eat more than 25-50 grams of avocado per day. I've learned that a little goes a long way!
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Veggies/fruits/lean meats are about 90% of my diet so rely on my avocados and olive oil to keep my calories up above 900( well them and almond butter, yum!), i have both almost every day and average in the 1200s
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Avocados should stay, the rest...blah!