Starting keto diet very soon. Anyone else out there?

Options
khrj90
khrj90 Posts: 2 Member
Hello, I'm about to start on a keto diet very soon - in 3 weeks. Until then I'm counting calories and trying to go low carb before the actual diet. Anyone else out there on keto diet, if so do you have any advice for beginner? I will dieting until at least 35kg lost :smile:
Good luck out there!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Advice ? Don't fear fat and increase your salt intake by a couple of grams per day to counter the diuretic effect of the diet.
  • pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Here is a group of LCHF

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Tim Hoakes has some great videos on you tube about low carb
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    khrj90 wrote: »
    I will dieting until at least 35kg lost :smile:

And then, what will you do ?

• pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you have to maintain your car count low to maintain your loss. ESPECIALLY, if you are insulin resistant or carb sensitive.

Hoakes explains that nicely.
  • airwicca
    airwicca Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    try this...it will help you get your macros right.you can then choose the "custom" tab here at mfp and plug the numbers in.I did and its helping tons.
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • airwicca
    Options
    i eat 40 grams and under carbs.keto is the only way I can really lose weight.I have been insulin resistant,PCOS etc....which all goes away with weight loss.I am starting to believe that many things are not so much "disorders" but rather the body's response to being carb intolerant.I feel like a million bucks with energy skyrocketing on keto and sluggish,lethargic and unmorivated when consuming what we are all told is the "proper" amount.good luck.the first 3 weeks or so can be difficult but hang in there and it gets good! if you feel crappy in those first few weeks, eat whipping cream or something really high in fat and low carb.I have found that it really can make you feel better during your body's initial adjustment.....and drink tons of water.at least 8 cups and often more.you will retain water weight on keto if you neglect water intake.it can be kind of discouraging when you are working hard and eating well and oops gain a few pounds for no reason...water water ....and potasium rich foods and extra salt :)
  • airwicca
    Options
    one more heads up.if you just plug food into mfp you will mostly get total carbs.on keto you are interested in net carbs.this means doing a bit of research and package reading.Personally i have been trying to add foods followed by (net carbs) for all of us low carbers :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    khrj90 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm about to start on a keto diet very soon - in 3 weeks. Until then I'm counting calories and trying to go low carb before the actual diet. Anyone else out there on keto diet, if so do you have any advice for beginner? I will dieting until at least 35kg lost :smile:
    Good luck out there!

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

@khrj90 one MFP group is at the above link. Some have/had more to lose than you. Best of luck.

For some of us it is a life long eating lifestyle so we can just start maintaining by eating a bit more of the same things if needed.

I see the above link was already posted after posting so we will look forward to seeing you. It is not a replacement to the main forums and tools but it is a place of like minded people working for better health using proven solutions.