keeping eachother on the right path.

Options
Hello, I'm robin. I currently weight 260lbs. :(. I was at my smallest at 145. I gained A lot after getting my birth control two years ago. I always say I want to loose weight. Then I start these fake diets with no exercise. Losing weight is hard. But I've done it before. I use to weigh 197. And I went on a serious diet and got down to 145. But I just don't have the strive anymore. Idk why...

Replies

• rockinsquare
    rockinsquare Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we make temporary diet changes instead of life long ones. I grew up eating mostly grains (breads, rice, etc) and as of 2 months ago I made a lifestyle change and decided to cut them out of my life for the most part. If I indulge it's usually beers or eating nonsense with friends while we drink. I don't let it make me feel bad or guilty....until I'm in the gym. Then I use it as fuel when I'm getting close to the end or getting tired. "You wanted that pizza right? Then this is what you get". ✌
  • robinadams2015
    robinadams2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cool. Thanks for that tip. I grew up opposite. Eating only greasy high carb foods. I'm looking to make a life change. Hopefully
  • chrlnhayes
    chrlnhayes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Robinadams2015, my name is Charlene and I feel like I start a diet once a month this time I am looking to be consistent and make a lifestyle change starting slow, I need to loose 100lbs and the last time
    I remember weighing less than 200 pounds was in middle school but I am so depressed and uncomfortable with my body if you want we should check in with each other weekly no judgement to motivate and push each other maybe see what's working and any suggestions what do you think :)
  • lilypazmino
    lilypazmino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Robin, my name is Lily. I thought i was helping myself by watching what I ate and taking my meds to control my diabetes, (which in my case is genetic and therefore I am also overweight for my height) but it was not enough. You must start somewhere though. This app has helped me a lot, but i also recommend meeting with a nutritionist. You think you know what healthy foods are, but really? A lot of us don't. We don't have true knowledge and we live our lives with myths and lies. Even if u don't have diabetes like me...seek a class to prevent it. Ask your doctor for this advice, and realistically log the foods you eat on this app. We all have heard this, but we ignore it because we can't believe it's true for us. The reality is that, you should believe it, because it is true but you must not ignore what you have heard before that "Yes". YOU CAN DO IT. Get a Fit Bit other step tracker device and just start getting up out your seat and move it. God Bless You!
  • robinadams2015
    Options
    Thank both of you very much
  • robinadams2015
    Options
    chrlnhayes wrote: »
    Hi Robinadams2015, my name is Charlene and I feel like I start a diet once a month this time I am looking to be consistent and make a lifestyle change starting slow, I need to loose 100lbs and the last time
    I remember weighing less than 200 pounds was in middle school but I am so depressed and uncomfortable with my body if you want we should check in with each other weekly no judgement to motivate and push each other maybe see what's working and any suggestions what do you think :)
    We can definitely do that
  • robinadams2015
    Options
    Hi Robin, my name is Lily. I thought i was helping myself by watching what I ate and taking my meds to control my diabetes, (which in my case is genetic and therefore I am also overweight for my height) but it was not enough. You must start somewhere though. This app has helped me a lot, but i also recommend meeting with a nutritionist. You think you know what healthy foods are, but really? A lot of us don't. We don't have true knowledge and we live our lives with myths and lies. Even if u don't have diabetes like me...seek a class to prevent it. Ask your doctor for this advice, and realistically log the foods you eat on this app. We all have heard this, but we ignore it because we can't believe it's true for us. The reality is that, you should believe it, because it is true but you must not ignore what you have heard before that "Yes". YOU CAN DO IT. Get a Fit Bit other step tracker device and just start getting up out your seat and move it. God Bless You!
    thanks for the advice. I will definitely try and get with a nutrienist