work out videos

marobbi
marobbi Posts: 4
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
Now that summer vacation has started for my daughter and she has shown interest in exercising with me we talked about getting an exercise video . Does any one know of any good ones

Replies

• art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    There are lots of good videos out there, take it from an exercise video junkie. I would suggest looking at your local library to try things out or if you have netflix they have a wide variety of instant play. Also someone told that cable/sat companies with on demand have some too. You may have to try out some to see what you like and what you are looking.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Now that summer vacation has started for my daughter and she has shown interest in exercising with me we talked about getting an exercise video . Does any one know of any good ones

Turbo Jam
  • amansky444
    amansky444 Posts: 1
    My favorite is Jillian Michael. She keeps real and fun!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    How old is she? If she's younger (like elementary/middle school age), Beachbody sells workout videos from Shaun T and Tony Horton, respective leaders of Insanity and P90X. Naturally, they aren't anything like those workouts, though. :-) They're reasonably priced. I ordered both, but my son has only done the first workout from Shaun T's Fit Kids Club. It's a cool mix of hip hop and cardio, and I had fun doing it with him, too.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    I did Jillian ripped in 30 with my 3 and 5 year old boys -- they had fun!
  • suev76
    suev76 Posts: 3
    supreme 90 day - it's the same concept as p90x minus the pull up bar, very intense but only $20. if that's too high impact then try pilates, I love pilates !!
  • marobbi
    marobbi Posts: 4
    thanks everyone she was talking about the Dancing with the stars ones oh and she is almost 11 years old
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    How old is she? If she's younger (like elementary/middle school age), Beachbody sells workout videos from Shaun T and Tony Horton, respective leaders of Insanity and P90X. Naturally, they aren't anything like those workouts, though. :-) They're reasonably priced. I ordered both, but my son has only done the first workout from Shaun T's Fit Kids Club. It's a cool mix of hip hop and cardio, and I had fun doing it with him, too.

I agree. My kids absolutely love both of these programs. Especially Shaun T's Fit Kids Club.
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    thanks everyone she was talking about the Dancing with the stars ones oh and she is almost 11 years old

If she likes to dance you might try zumba, I am totally uncoordinated but the music is fantastic
  • whitpsyd
    whitpsyd Posts: 13
    I like Bob Harper's Warrior Yoga... it's a great workout. Our NCOIC did it with her son, and he loved it. K might like it. I like doing the dancing ones (Zumba, HipHop, etc.) as well, because it gives a little variety, and being 11 she might like that as well.
This discussion has been closed.