Hello! ^_^ Any vegans?

Options
unorthodoxkittykat
unorthodoxkittykat Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey! New to MyFitnessPal. I've really been feeling motivated lately to log my eatings so I can stay on top of it with exercise but I'm newly turned vegan and was just wondering if there's any other vegans on a healthy journey as well?? Lemme know! Say hi (:

Replies

• mimaconnect
    mimaconnect Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am vegan
  • unorthodoxkittykat
    Options
    Thank you flyingtanuki, I'll check it out!

Hey mima, how long have you been vegan?
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am newly vegan! And you can add me if you like! My caveat is eggs, as the protein burst helps with my hypoglycemia. Hoping to eliminate them eventually though.
  • wanbean
    wanbean Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey folks! Vegan here, absolutely not for health reasons though, which, funnily enough, is why I now need to lose weight!
  • wanbean
    wanbean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am newly vegan! And you can add me if you like! My caveat is eggs, as the protein burst helps with my hypoglycemia. Hoping to eliminate them eventually though.

you cant be vegan and eat eggs hun

but you can be vegetarian and eat aggs

Indeed.
    But It's really exciting that you're making the change, MagpieAnnabelle :smiley:
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan ( really close but I eat honey ) , I eat a whole food p,ant based diet.
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options

you cant be vegan and eat eggs hun

but you can be vegetarian and eat aggs

Telling people I'm vegan is far easier than explaining EVERY other restriction that comes with the territory. And if you read my post, I said I'm working on transitioning them out. No need to be condescending.
  • unorthodoxkittykat
    Options
    wanbean wrote: »
    Hey folks! Vegan here, absolutely not for health reasons though, which, funnily enough, is why I now need to lose weight!

Me either! I didn't transition for health reasons but now that I'm starting this weightloss journey, it's a bit tougher. I definitely wanna make sure I get my proteins and stuff but I'm so new! Idk where to start! Lol
  • unorthodoxkittykat
    Options
    tennileb wrote: »
    I'm not vegan ( really close but I eat honey ) , I eat a whole food p,ant based diet.

From what I've read, you can replace honey with agave or maple syrup
  • unorthodoxkittykat
    Options
    why cant vegans eat honey?

Honey comes from bees and we don't consume anything animal derived including bees (:
  • antonia_yes
    antonia_yes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey - I am mostly vegan, just starting weight loss again. From Devon, UK. :)
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options