256 Days, 73lbs (halfway goal), and my advice to newbies (with pictures)!

Options

Replies

• christmaseve70
    christmaseve70 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your advice! It definitely helps me gain insight to some things. Great job!
  • rosepeppercreek
    rosepeppercreek Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow!! The response from everyone has been so amazing. Thank you so much. <3
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you for thanking!
    I think everyone here has been wonderful too :)
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! Congratulations and stay strong!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I wish I could give you a standing ovation on here!!! Such a beautiful story @rosepeppercreek!!! So thoughtful of you to help motivate and uplift others! This is probably the best story I've read on here so far! Thank you so much for sharing! I don't dwell on seeking revenge, but in your situation it looks like you did!!!!
  • sofia_davey011
    sofia_davey011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to provide this very detailed and intimate story of yourself. It is so insiring to me and the other readers. Your advice in my opinion was very realistic and bang on, debatable or not (lol). For me, it reinforces the need to never give up on myself; I'm worth it; set goals for myself; don't concentrate on the scale (which unfortunately I do....obcessed), weight training along with losing weight is a MUST, and if I have a set back, get back up and focus.... thanks Rose!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    AMAZING and you're completely gorgeous too! Well done and thanks for the tips :) Awesome job!!
  • hrbilhim
    hrbilhim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I need the motivation!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I can relate a lot to your youth. I was always a head taller than everyone in my class, and a bit overweight, which in turn made me look gigantic to everyone else. Congrats on all your progress, it sounds like you've really come a long ways physically and mentally. Best of luck! :)
  • mendiev
    mendiev Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hope to be able to post my success here some day!
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You are honestly beautiful in both your before and after pics, but you look really healthy and vibrant in the after pics. You rock!
  • Remaking_Me
    Remaking_Me Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    great post!!! You will finish girlfriend!!!
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are simply amazing and a beautiful person!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting and for being such an amazing fountain of wisdom!
  • Nichole856
    Nichole856 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being my inspiration today!!
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!!! Thank you so much for sharing and for the awesome tips!
  • reneerrt
    reneerrt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Loved reading this. Congratulations on your amazing journey!
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Your post was awesome and positive and for me confirmation. I am much older (live in Iowa) and also have a ton of weight to take off. I've been working on it for 6 months and have lost 29 lbs. My motto on my desk and always in my mind is "Discipline is just choosing between what you want NOW and what you want MOST!". I want to be fit and able to be here for future grand children and for my kids in Kenya that I support through Fishers of Men Ministry. However, today I had stepped on the scale really looking forward to moving above that 30 lb weight loss to find I actually gained 1/2 pound. I realize that is just fluctuation, but I really wanted to be able to finally say Thirty something not Twenty something. So I decided to get on MFP and look for some uplifting support and your post immediately caught my eye. Thank you for taking the time to post - you definitely helped me when I needed it today! Thank you! I will keep your story in my thoughts and you in my prayers - Have a wonderful blessed day. Also, a side note. I believe God has just the right partner in mind for you! Take care.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!