• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Full of win. and logic. I like it.

Also broccoli is bad for me because I can fuel a Challenger Space ship with the amount of gas I produce from consuming it. so yeah... broccoli is only allowed when I'm sleeping alone. mmmmkkkkkkk
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    This is the most sarcastic article I've read in a long time, but way to go starting a confusing thread, especially for people that don't read past the headlines. :neutral:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Damn. Guess I need to detox now!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Good stuff!

One question: So, eating a mirror is bad? :#
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    dang, that freaked me out, I eat broccoli every day, I buy frozen packs to try to get my servings of veggies in every day. I had to get halfway down the article before I realized they were messing with us.
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I feel for it :( I skimmed half way through, got confused me because I kept reading why its bad for me. Got more confused, kept reading and then it made sense lol. Too much sarcasm for me
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Too bad not everyone read the entire article, he posted this afterwards

http://www.thinkingnutrition.com.au/broccoli-is-good-for-you-just-reading-a-headline-not-so-much/

I enjoyed the article but am not surprised that people only read the title and came to their own conclusions without reading the entire article.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    As long as it gets some people to start paying more attention to sources, it has done it's job.
  • malibu927
    Options
    susanmc31 wrote: »

http://www.thinkingnutrition.com.au/broccoli-is-good-for-you-just-reading-a-headline-not-so-much/

I enjoyed the article but am not surprised that people only read the title and came to their own conclusions without reading the entire article.

If you're referring to my post, I read it (and my reply was sarcastic, as detoxes do nothing). I love broccoli and wouldn't give it up.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

They could have read well past the headline and still think the article's real meaning was that broccoli is bad. It rambled on about the dangers for a failry long time before the "reality check".
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    A great reminder that reading and thinking are both fundamental. :)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    That was great, I try to explain this to people all the time when someone says "They said eggs(or whatever) is bad for me". First I ask who "they" is and then I tell them to look and you will find an article spouting the exact opposite. My Mom is the worst about this. She finds an article that supports her likes and dislikes and runs with it :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

an42qjh7n78m.jpg
  • malibu927
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

an42qjh7n78m.jpg

Sadly, even when the Halloween Peeps come out, I cannot participate because those are blasphemous
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

They could have read well past the headline and still think the article's real meaning was that broccoli is bad. It rambled on about the dangers for a failry long time before the "reality check".

I thought the very first sentence was a dead giveaway already, but maybe not for everyone.
    An alternative title I had for this blog was: “Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet to do with nutrition”, but I wager this one was more effective in getting your attention.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

I thought the very first sentence was a dead giveaway already, but maybe not for everyone.
    An alternative title I had for this blog was: “Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet to do with nutrition”, but I wager this one was more effective in getting your attention.

It would certainly seem so, since it went viral. I'm not sure how well it made his point though, since it seems a lot of people took it seriously.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

If you're referring to my post, I read it (and my reply was sarcastic, as detoxes do nothing). I love broccoli and wouldn't give it up.

No, I was just looking through the website and saw that and thought I would post it. I totally got your sarcasm and I love broccoli too (especially smothered in butter..yum!)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    This is actually a great article, especially the points at the end.