Nothing is happening...

Options
It has been 3 weeks of sticking not only to my calorie intake (or under) eating healthy, as well as exercising, i am not losing one effing pound! I have actually gained 1!
I knownim not doing anything wrong because i have a fitness guru nephew so i dont get it..... grrrrrr

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You may be eating more than you think.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    open your food diary and we can analyse your data. You are logging everything you eat, right?
  • briersgma
    briersgma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do i open it?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Had a look at your diary, you've got a lot of things like 1 cup, 1 piece, 1 tbsp, etc. Cups aren't a reliable way of measuring solids, you need to be weighing stuff to know exactly how many calories you're eating. If you're not losing weight, this is the most likely issue.
  • jhaciski
    jhaciski Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Under Exercise Settings, there's a Diary Sharing section that lets you make your food selections public.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but there doesn't seem to be much actual food in your diary??
  • Thriller0001
    Thriller0001 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Helpful tip: Please ditch the mayo! :) Just go with mustard on your sandwiches it has 0 calories! You're eating at 400 calories alone just in mayo. Save those calories for something else.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    taking a look at your diary.

From what I can see you are not using a food scale for weighing solids.

You are eating more than you think probably...

Protein is low as well.

As well 3 weeks in with new exercise can be water retention on top of it...

And 1200 is min that you should be eating...I see lots of days where you are below that and not eating back exercise calories.

I am 43 YO's old and over the last couple years have lost almost 60lbs...eating 1600 calories a day ...
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but there doesn't seem to be much actual food in your diary??

This. 3 cookies and a sandwich for a day?

Also, if you're not weighing your food, you have no idea how much you're actually eating. Food scales are $10-15 on Amazon. Get yourself one, weigh everything for a month, report back.
  • briersgma
    Options
    Ok good to know ty! Also the bad food choices while i was camping didnt help as i lok back and see for myself ...... :(
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    Just go with mustard on your sandwiches it has 0 calories!

Not according to my research...

Though looking at those entries with mayo, 4 tablespoons in one sandwich? That seems like an awful lot of mayonnaise haha
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options

Though looking at those entries with mayo, 4 tablespoons in one sandwich? That seems like an awful lot of mayonnaise haha

C'mon. Who doesn't love a mayo sandwich with mayo and extra mayo!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi! I took a quick look at your diary, and I noticed that some of your food entries are really inaccurate.

First, I recommend getting a digital food scale (walmart often has them for under $20) and weighing everything you consume. Weighing your food is the only way to ensure portion accuracy (even measuring cups have a large margin of error -if you're like me, you'll squeeze as much food as possible within the cup).

In addition, a lot of your diary choices are along the lines of "homemade -xyz", which might not be completely accurate for what you're consuming. In general, it's not recommended to use any "general" or "homemade" entries, because we do not know exactly how the food was prepared. If, for example, your granola is from a specific brand, look up that brand in the food database and use that. If it's a recipe you made, then import the recipe into MFP's recipe builder.
  • briersgma
    Options
    I was making 2 one for my grandson as well, i just logged it all i think... but the rest of my choises were very bad so that was the least of my problems! Thank you for that advice.
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're eating enough food. If you eat too little, it will slow down your metabolism to the point where your body will actually start storing fat. I'm sure there are arguments for and against this. You can find a lot of information on it, I recommend google scholar for actual scientifically published articles. It's just a thought.
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    I don't think you're eating enough food. If you eat too little, it will slow down your metabolism to the point where your body will actually start storing fat. I'm sure there are arguments for and against this. You can find a lot of information on it, I recommend google scholar for actual scientifically published articles. It's just a thought.

Here's a particularly good article on that, explaining why the body doesn't do that at all: http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
  • Thriller0001
    Thriller0001 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

lol funny
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Options

I needed this. lol

edited June 2015
    Options
    briersgma wrote: »
    I was making 2 one for my grandson as well, i just logged it all i think... but the rest of my choises were very bad so that was the least of my problems! Thank you for that advice.
    Hey, if you are new to this, which judging by three weeks you are, it takes time to ramp up into this lifestyle. Those who never tried drinking 8 glasses a water a day (or more) from zero will understand what I mean by this. (And lets not get into that debate over water now.)

Go easy on yourself and do has much as you can, when you can, until you are basically on autopilot.
    Options

I needed this. lol
    I love mayo. Can't have a proper BLT without it. Not possible, can't happen.