Sweet Tooth

Options
About 2 hours up until I go to bed , I am starving and craving sweets! Does anyone else have this issue? If so what do you do to help? Also between lunch and dinner the same thing happens... I don't know why I feel like I haven't eaten in DAYS around these times. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    About 2 hours up until I go to bed , I am starving and craving sweets! Does anyone else have this issue? If so what do you do to help? Also between lunch and dinner the same thing happens... I don't know why I feel like I haven't eaten in DAYS around these times. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

I hate these days! I usually try having a bit of yogurt and fruit, or a small Hershey's miniature to get me through the craving!
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I'm not sure what you're allowing into your diet, but I've always found my cravings to become harder to control when I eat things higher in carbs/sugars. If you really need to satisfy that sweet tooth, try a no sugar added fudgesicle or a small piece of dark chocolate.
  • norcalbowler
    norcalbowler Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Or even try the Extra Dessert Delights gum. That works great for me!!
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    tchristine24 has got the right idea ;D
  • ktg528
    ktg528 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get nighttime cravings all the time! I try to make sure I have dinner late enough and go to bed early enough to avoid it. But there are a lot of sweet, tasty snacks you could have during the day/night.

My faves:
    lowfat yogurt (about 100 cal)
    kettlekorn popcorn (I get the 100 cal individual baggies)
    freeze pops (45 cal)
    fruit -- I like navel oranges, apples, and frozen grapes --sweet, filling, and healthy!

Some other ideas: sugar free jello, dark chocolate, trail mix (small serving!), granola bar, popsicles/fudge bars (many brands are low calorie/sugar)