Chipotle choices?

Options

Replies

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Triple chicken/carnitas/steak, white rice, both beans, fajita veg, all salsa minus corn, sour cream, and lettuce. Depending on macros i may do guac and/or corn. I have it once a week usually and use it as a great meal to hit my totals.
  • goblue8426
    goblue8426 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually get a salad bowl (no dressing, not sure why they even offer it) with lettuce, chicken, beans, fajita veggies, corn salsa, and guac. Always fits within my daily allowance.
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I get the salad (no dressing) with steak, grilled veggies, salsa and guacamole. I don't eat dairy and this keeps me full without feeling stuffed.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Crispy steak tacos for me. . . with pico, cheese, lettuce, and salsa. I haven't had it in three years though since it is still nearly half my daily calories.
  • vgrezzy
    vgrezzy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    switch to brown rice, the higher fiber will aid digestion and alleviate some of the issues. I usually get a salad with brown rice, black beans, chicken or tofu, fajita veggies, and corn salsa and it is DELICIOUS and doesn't wreck my eating for the day :)
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My burrito is 1,260 calories.

I get the burrito, chicken, brown rice, black beans, sour cream, cheese, guac.

It's heavenly... but would end up basically being my main source of calories for the day :smile:

-- Danny
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Depending on how spicy the hot sauce is and how much used, it could give you some gastric distress. Though, the rest of the food there should not attribute to that type discomfort, assuming you are not lactose sensitive or eat everything in one whole sitting.

I get the Bowl option when I go...

-Whatever meat looks good at the time (not dry, old, greasy)
    -Double black beans (free)
    -No rice, or half the rice they typically give
    -Veggies!!
    -Cheese
    -Corn salsa
    -Pico de gallo
    -Salsa verde
    -Lettuce
    -Maybe a spoon a sour cream

Chips on occasion, too.
  • theredhead77
    theredhead77 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I love Chipotle. I always order the same thing and it's about 1500 calories

Bol
    Brown rice (I'll watch them, if they use huge servings I'll ask for half)
    Black Beans
    Veggies
    Steak
    Mild and corn
    sour cream
    cheese
    side of chips and guac

I usually get it to go and plate it - sometimes I can get 3 meals out of it. Other times I insert food into face and enjoy.

They published their guac recipe and apparently it's pretty damn close to the real thing. Avocados are super cheap here and I keep wanting to try it. Has anyone here attempted to replicate it?
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'll usually get a bowl with chicken, brown rice, black beans, lettuce, corn salsa, veggies and skip the sour cream and cheese.
  • Malasaurus
    Malasaurus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a hard-shell taco, white rice, pinto beans, pico, corn salsa, lettuce and guac. It's a 250 calorie taco, and I usually get 2 of them. If I'm feeling hungrier I might turn it into a burrito for 850 calories, but cut it in half (425 calories) and eat the second portion at a later time. I don't know why, but the burrito always seems more filling than the tacos.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can get Chipotle and keep fairly reasonable. If you are on an all-out calorie restricted diet then it gets really tough. If you are just maintaining or trying to hit certain macro levels then its easier to make it work. Im in the latter group so I usually go with a Salad Bowl with whatever meat, Beans(fiber & more protein), shredded cheese, and the medium salsa. NO chips - those things are brutal and an extra $2 bucks. I hate their guacamole so I dont get that either.

I avoid the rice - rice simply has has WAY too many calories and carbs for such small amounts. Id rather get those carbs/calories from other comfort-type foods.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    another option is to eat only half

I'm a qdoba girl myself
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I always get the salad with beans and chicken...fills me and high in protein
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yup. That's my dinner. You are awesome for reminding me this place exists!!! When I go, I usually get a vegetarian bowl with brown rice, fajita veggies, black beans, corn and hot salsas, sour cream, lettuce and guac.

I live for guacamole and guacamole alone... :heart: :love: but to be honest, I usually make my own "Chipotle" at home. It isn't hard and 1/5 the cost lol. It's all in the cilantro rice. :smile:
  • thatrabidgirl
    thatrabidgirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I get a bowl with chicken, brown rice, black beans, cheese, sour cream, and lettuce. I don't eat the whole bowl in one sitting though, I usually just eat half for lunch and save the rest for dinner.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Bowl:
    no rice
    black beans
    double chicken
    hot sauce (red tomatillo salsa)
    corn salsa
    cheese

My guts are fine with this.

Specs: 685 cals, 25g fat, 43g carbs, 81g protein, 18g fiber
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have lactose intolerance. XD So if I get dairy it kills my tummy. I get a bowl with brown rice, sofritas, black beans, tomatillo salsa, and lettuce. I dump the green tabasco on too. I can't finish the whole bowl in one setting though, so it ends up making two meals. <3
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I went a couple weeks ago, I got the crispy tacos with the shredded beef. The seasoning in it is fantastic, they put way too much cheese, and lettuce, pico sauce and it was so wonderful. I couldn't get them out of my head all night, I just kept thinking about them. My daughter got the chicken burrito and has gastro problems, but got no dairy with it and was ok. She definitely liked mine better and got it the next time she went there.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I get plain rice, black beans, steak, cheese, and sour cream. Comes to ~560 calories.
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like the salad with chicken or sofritas, pinto beans, extra vegetables, extra extra pico de gallo, hot or medium salsa, guacamole, and occasionally a half portion of cheese and/or rice. I love love love the salad dressing but unfortunately it's 270 calories so a big fat nope for me. I don't remember but I think that's about 600-700 calories.

I'll most often get Chipotle as a big afternoon meal that covers both lunch and dinner, usually on the weekends when I wake up and eat breakfast late and then go out to hike or do errands or something. I find that it fills me up and I'm good to go for the rest of the day with maybe a piece of fruit or a few tomatoes in the evening. I'm a pretty small lady so that might not be appropriate for everyone, though.