Ladies who lift/cross train: results timeframe?

Options
inspirezme
inspirezme Posts: 36 Member
For those that primarily lift weights and/or use a cross training program, how long did it take for you to start noticing results? For others to notice? How long til you met your goal?

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    For me 6 months to a year to get REAL results. Some results came within 2-3 months, but the real difference was about a year. Keep in mind I had already lost all the weight I wanted to, this was primarily to build muscle and increase fitness.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is my results in 3 months. I lift heavy at a CrossFit gym.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-11%20at%207.38.50%20AM_zps9rm9q6vp.png

Karen
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When you say results, are you meaning in terms of strength gains or muscle building (or hardness)?
  • inspirezme
    Options
    Wow Karen! That's incredible! Nice work!

I don't know much about Crossfit beyond that it's pretty intense. Is it a daily workout?
    Psalm37v4 wrote: »

Karen

• inspirezme
    Options
    I guess I mean any number of noticeable changes: initially I was thinking reductions in inches/weight loss. But now that you ask, I also mean confidence gains in the workouts, strength improvements, muscle definition, energy increases, etc. Whatever change is meaningful to whomever chooses to respond to my question. :)
    When you say results, are you meaning in terms of strength gains or muscle building (or hardness)?

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Feeling like a badass - about one week
    Energy increases - about one week
    Strength improvements - about two weeks (most of your early improvements are neuromuscular communication)
    Confidence in the workouts - two weeks to never (you're always working on form, I think)
    Muscle definition - Months, I imagine (I'm only four weeks in, lifting on a deficit, and haven't seen any yet)
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Mental results are immediate. I didn't see physical results until I lost 45 lbs, then those little muscles I had worked on began to pop out. I have been doing CrossFit for about 2 years and see little improvements here and there (almost at a pull up...may never quite get there) At my age I just feel priviledged to be able to go!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    inspirezme wrote: »
    Wow Karen! That's incredible! Nice work!

I don't know much about Crossfit beyond that it's pretty intense. Is it a daily workout?
    Psalm37v4 wrote: »

Karen

Karen...that's amazing! Good for you!
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Strength improvements - about two weeks (most of your early improvements are neuromuscular communication)
    Confidence in the workouts - two weeks to never (you're always working on form, I think)
    Muscle definition - Months, I imagine (I'm only four weeks in, lifting on a deficit, and haven't seen any yet)

THIS!!!!
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I would really like to try this. I have been lifting more lately. Want more definition in my arms.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

This! It took me 6 months to complete my first lifting program (NROLFW) and while there were changes along the way, I didn't personally notice any major changes until 4-6 months in. My before is 170, just before I started NROLFW, after is 162, right after I finished.
    r46riui7w3f4.jpg
    mfp.JPG 194.8K
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    <--- Here are my arm results from lifting/ cross fit. This was while eating at maintenance or just under.

I started doing more weight work January 2014 but didn't really pick up the intensity until September 2014 when I started Stronglifts 5x5. Then in January 2015 I started Cross Fit 2 days a week, in addition to a couple of other lifting workouts. I think that is where I saw the biggest results in my arms, as the workouts were more arm intensive than I had been doing previously.

In terms of other results.

- I saw strength gains right away and then plateaued right before I joined Cross Fit and then was able to break the plateau with cross fit
    - I noticed a definite improvement in my cardio endurance as well.
    - Confidence is an on going challenge because of form and new exercises, but confidence outside of my workouts definitely improved right away.

• inspirezme
    Options
    You all look great! Loving the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!