Is my breakfast gross? What weird breakfasts have you made?

Options
sparklyhippos
sparklyhippos Posts: 38 Member
I just made and ate this breakfast, it consisted of 1/4 cup coconut flour, 1 tbsp oats, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp ground flax, 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and a splash of unsweetened almond milk, topped with some strawberries and rock sea salt. It was basically an (almost) paleo, salted chocolate strawberry oatmeal mash? It wasn't pretty but it was tasty! I could see how some people might need a sweetener though..

Nutrition-wise, is this actually a good breakfast? Feel free to view my diary to see it more in detail.

Otherwise, would you eat this? :P And what would you call it?

Any other weird breakfasts that you guys have made? :)

~ Meg.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it if you enjoyed it. It's not something I would make, because I don't like coconut or wet oats.

I don't typically have breakfast, but when I do it's generally pretty boring. Either egg salad on raw shredded greens, or buckwheat flax pancackes with peanut butter and maple syrup.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and cant skip it! *gastric prob*
    For me, its Sweet potato pancake..., i does look fluffy but a boiled plain sweet potato taste way better! Could be bcoz I choose the wrong recipe to try tho.. fufufu
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    The grossest thing I ever made was corn grits with peanut butter on top. Each ingredient was good by itself but it just wasn't a good match.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    The grossest thing I ever made was corn grits with peanut butter on top. Each ingredient was good by itself but it just wasn't a good match.
    LOL that sounds awful. Now, top those grits with fried eggs, bacon and cheese...
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Cajun seasoned oatmeal with veggies, greek yogurt and taco bell fire sauce. :smile:
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes dipped in almond butter - the butter got way too sickly way too fast and I wasn't at all full up even though it was about million calories! In the end I just ate all the tomatoes on their own.
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try the corn grits with a poached egg on top with a touch of cheese on top! Yum :) I add chia and hemp seed along with any grains too. But then I've been told that I will eat almost anything..
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    the weirdest breakfast... hm.. that would be baby octopus salad with olive oil... for breakfast. :) but yours sounds like it could be good with sweetener and some dates! Was it sweet at all?
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I now put turkey sausage on top of my grits. Someone on MFP suggested that. It's great!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    I made raisin and spice oatmeal mixed with cookies and cream protein powder yesterday because macros.
    It was.... tolerable... :|
  • jeannabee
    jeannabee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Grossest was a medicinal amount of coconut oil (3 TBSP) mixed with 1 TBSP peanut butter and stevia. "Frosting" for breakfast.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich. It was delish, but everyone else found it weird.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich. It was delish, but everyone else found it weird.

I can see that maybe being good. I would drizzle maple syrup or honey on top to add some sweet
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and bacon sandwiches, add some sliced tomato, yummy.....
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    used to eat froot loops with vodka instead of milk in undergrad. sad times
  • RandomA1
    RandomA1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's weird but other people do: I like sweet and savory together so I put a little maple syrup on my scrambled/hardboiled eggs sometimes. It's delicious! lol I do the same for the rare occasions that I eat home fries.
  • sparklyhippos
    Options
    LOOOL I love hearing these.. I'm glad I"m not the only one who makes weird concoctions lol..

The peanut butter and grits sounds interesting.. Ughhh the tomatoes and almond butter sounds terrible lmaooo ..

@ MinmoInkMinmoInk.. My mixture was slightly sweet actually because of the coconut flour (am I the only one who finds it sweet on its own?) and the fresh strawberries. I bet you're right, dates would be good!! I was also thinking sliced or mashed bananas would be amazing with the chocolate too.

@Gska17Gska17- Turkey sausage is amazing! And healthy for you too!

jeannabeejeannabee- Was your "frosting" at all good? It sounds actually amazing lol but maybe a little too much coconut oil.

I've never had a bacon peanut butter sandwich but it sounds freaking amazing!!

Have you guys ever heard of graham crackers and butter? Or peanut butter and bologna sandwich?
  • sparklyhippos
    Options
    Oh and I seriously want to try maple syrup on eggs.. I love it on bacon.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup on eggs is amazing! Go to any cabane a sucre (sugar shack...the places that make maple syrup here in Quebec) and get a full meal....eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausages, mashed potatoes, ham...maple syrup goes on top of everything!

Most gross breakfast for me....I tried overnight refrigerator oats once...and only once. Not a fan of the goopy oats.
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I will eat anything for breakfast lol right now I am eating sauteed cabbage with turkey meatballs and spaghetti sauce with a small bit of shredded cheese on it.