Local Food Nutrition Facts

Options
Living in Singapore but it's hard to calculate and monitor Calories intake with Asian/ Local dishes like Fried Rice, Noodles Dishes and such. . Usually are based on 'Search' tab but i guess there are from worldwide food nutrition which may differ from local food products.

Replies

• TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i'm going to singapore in september for the Grand Prix! i LOVE it there! Sorry to hear that you can't find any food on the database, maybe use 'generic' if it's there?

Good Luck!! :-)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Usually, when I can't find something, I either pick the closest match, or I input all of the ingredients. It's tedious, but it works.
  • Elise1931
    Elise1931 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I usually try to find the recipes similar to those nutrition-info-unknown dishes and then use the 'Recipe Calculator' to create their data. Though there may not be all the ingredients in the database, I think it's a pretty reliable way to analyze the foods.
  • Idhzaar
    Idhzaar Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the input, i mean the generic food under the Search tab are helpful but some of it does not indicate some nutrients such as Calcium/ Iron or a few others. I'm surfing thru the internet to find similar dishes and 'Create my own Food' Congrats on all of your pounds shed. Keep working hard and smart on it. .Take care. .