2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »
    Caloric Surplus + hypertrophy reps w progressive overload + patience = butt

There's no magic to it. Just eat, build, and be consistent and patient. :)

w2sk36nxxipy.jpg

3oleab.jpg
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    estherlion wrote: »
    Fujiberry wrote: »
    Caloric Surplus + hypertrophy reps w progressive overload + patience = butt

There's no magic to it. Just eat, build, and be consistent and patient. :)

w2sk36nxxipy.jpg

Wow! Inspiration results! Did you succeed with Strong Curves or what program?
    Thank you! No, I was on my own program, but it's not that different from a program called PHUL. I did an Upper-Lower split and did pretty much all compound lifts with a few accessories. I followed the Upper-Lower template for almost a year, then switched to a powerlifting program called the Texas Method in Oct 2014 because I wanted to focus strictly on strength. :)

Honestly, any program will work as long as you're doing compound lifts, eating at a decent surplus, and you're patient. 4 months won't give you a 'fitness model'-looking body no matter what the program if you're skinny fat. It's a hard body type to change.
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of women underestimate how much they can really lift. I get this a lot on the leg press. Many put on just 25lbs on each side a call it "heavy". For many, that's MUCH less than half their body weight.
    One of my female clients watched me put 2 45's on each side of the leg press for her and she said I must be smoking crack. I asked if she ever tried that much, and she replied she never even tried 1 45 on each side. So I told her to go ahead and give it a try.
    She's now up to 3 45's on each side doing 5x5 and DOESN'T have "bulky" looking legs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

How much weight is the leg press before you add additional weight to it?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've never used a leg press and wouldn't have the faintest idea of how much weight to put on it. I just started doing leg curls recently and started with 25 and then had to keep adding 5 pounds to figure out what I really needed.