Slightly irritating NSV

Options
light_shimmer
light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
OK. So I've only lost 6 lbs...but it was just enough to notice when I tried on the bridesmaid dress I ordered a month ago. It fit perfectly in the store ( which isn't saying much- hello arm fat lol) but when I tried it on this weekend, I was having to hike it up over my chest constantly. ( Why oh WHY couldn't it be the bum?)

The wedding is in August, I'm resigned to/hoping to have to have alterations done. Will probable be the only time I smile when my debit card screams!

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Here's to great tailors! And to your weight loss! Congrats!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That's a cute story! And don't say ONLY six pounds...that's a lot! Think about what a plate of six pounds of fat would look like...and you took that off. WTG!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I lost 35lbs from buying a brides maid dress to wearing it.... it laced up in back so it was prety close...
    It almost didnt fit before losing the weight AND after! I had to hike the dress up non stop at the wedding... should have gotten it altered!
  • rebeccajoy
    rebeccajoy Posts: 45
    Options
    That is great!!! Good job on losing the weight. But that means you are losing inches! ;-)
    I know how you feel though. I have been losing more inches than weight. Can be frustrating but as my mom says, that is what you actually want! ;-) And ya, having it come off from the waist down would be nicer!!! ;-) at least at first and then the top can come off later.

Keep up the great work!!!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am feeling your bridesmaid pain! I got my dress in Feb (size 12, fit perfect). I'm now a size 10 (and 20+ lbs down) and I still have until Sep! I'll be swimming in that dress! I'm betting I end up paying more for alterations than I did for the dress itself. *sigh* But yay for losing! :) Go team MFP!! lol
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    When I ordered my bridesmaid dress a few weeks ago, I ordered the size 8 even though it was a little bit tight -- that's my motivation! Luckily it's a halter top that ties behind the neck, so I can adjust that to whatever I need and I won't need to hike it up all night!
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    Options
    WEIRD.... i just picked up my bridesmaid dress TODAY...ive only lost 6 pounds too and its big on me!!!!!!...yeah...heres to having to get alterations done and being hot despite wearing bridesmaid dresses
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    WHEW! I'm not the only one with bridesmaid dress issues....this makes me feel better :) Thanks ladies!

And @ yummytanya I appreciate the words, but just gotta say............LOL! You made me picture a cellulite colored jello mold!! *jiggle jiggle jiggle* EEEEEEWWWWWWW >snicker<
  • rikkijanet
    rikkijanet Posts: 12
    Options
    WTG........you and I are in the same boat except I haven't purchased my bridesmaid dress yet. The wedding is in July and I plan to be down at least 25lbs by then. I'm thinking about stealing one of the previous posters idea and purchasing it in a smaller size for motivation. Good luck!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!