Going to Cabo in 10 days need to lose 8lbs!!

Options
I would love to lose 8lbs by then but I'm pretty sure that's wishful thinking, what about 5-6lb weightloss in 10 days?? Any tips or success stories?! Thank you!!

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It's not going to happen. A couple of pounds if you're lucky.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just focus on getting a new haircut, a cute pedicure, and an awesome bikini/swimsuit?

This is a site for healthy weight loss and recommending any technique that will result in you dropping 5-6 pounds in a week is likely to be against TOS . . . even if it is possible.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Water weight, maybe if you're diligent enough (low carb/sodium). Fat? Absolutely not.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just focus on getting a new haircut, a cute pedicure, and an awesome bikini/swimsuit?

This is a site for healthy weight loss and recommending any technique that will result in you dropping 5-6 pounds in a week is likely to be against TOS . . . even if it is possible.

Very well said.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You might manage it if you stop eating completely and stick to water only.

Otherwise, I recommend as above. Stand up straight, get a spray tan, buy a swimsuit that fits and flatters you, and relax.
  • ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Time machine to 3 months ago :smile:
  • DylanThomas2
    DylanThomas2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs in a week my first couple of weeks on here I did 2 workouts a day cardio in the morning strength training or interval training in the afternoon I also cut my carb intake way down and stayed around 1300-1500 calories. This kind of weight loss isnt recommended and its doubtful I will stay at that pace I am pretty sure it was the initial shock to the system that caused my loss to be so high.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

Otherwise, I recommend as above. Stand up straight, get a spray tan, buy a swimsuit that fits and flatters you, and relax.

I know what you were trying to say, but be careful. There are some folks on here who would actually do that. And then end up in a hospital in Cabo while all their friends were getting tan.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    you are just going to gain it back when you go to Cabo and eat :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »

I know what you were trying to say, but be careful. There are some folks on here who would actually do that. And then end up in a hospital in Cabo while all their friends were getting tan.

Lurkers/OP, my post wasn't meant to be a recommendation. Not eating for 10 days is not a good idea.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you get back to start weight loss so that you are not rushed to lose lots at a time
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Time machine to 3 months ago :smile:

Yep. Unless this was a surprise trip I'd say planning ahead would have been your best option.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I second the time machine..
  • slm7886
    slm7886 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lol ok u guys! Thank u! I know a lot of the weight is my monthly bill bloat if you know what I mean!
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Realistically you could probably lose about 2 pounds of fat in 10 days, but if it's low carb/low sodium and high intake of water possibly 5-6 altogether.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    slm7886 wrote: »
    Lol ok u guys! Thank u! I know a lot of the weight is my monthly bill bloat if you know what I mean!

Then you'll definitely lose a few pounds once it's over.

Seriously, just go and have fun, and don't worry about your weight.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    No you won't. 5 pounds in 10 days will be all water weight. How long have you known about this trip?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not going to happen. Just enjoy your trip and don't worry about it.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Its 10 pounds. Do you really think anyone other than you will even notice? No stranger on the beach is going to come up and say ,"wow you look amazing how much have you lost?" Go. Eat. Have a great time. Stop worrying about unimportant details.