Done! My Insanity Results!

Options
KingsGirl4
KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
edited June 2015 in Success Stories
Well the time has come! I completed Insanity! Here are my story and results.

I am 26 years old, 5'3" and began Insanity at 142.4 pounds. I had spent the previous 8 months losing 30 pounds by eating well and keeping active. In January 2015, I decided to give myself a challenge that seemed impossible - I wanted to try out to be an NHL ice girl! I am at a point in my life where I am trying to "find myself" and challenge myself in different ways to do that. Weight loss has been one of the biggest challenges along with taking improv acting classes, taking on various leadership roles, and facing my biggest fears of claustrophobia and shyness. So what's next? I decided to tryout for the NHL ice girls because it was a challenge and a goal that was way out of my reach - one that would really push me out of my comfort zone and test my determination. I didn't have a lot of time to get in shape for the audition, so that's when I decided that Insanity was the best physical and mental challenge for me.

What is Insanity?
Insanity is a 63 day workout and optional nutrition program. The workout is High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) with cardio emphasis and no equipment required (just your body weight). The program alternates different workouts every single day with 1 rest day per week (so 6 days/week of workouts). There is a fit test every 15 days of the program to track your progress.

I decided to do the meal plan provided for optimal results.

The Adversity I Faced During Insanity
I faced a lot of challenges during my 63 days and at times I thought there was no way I could do the daily workout or stick to my diet. I wanted to prove to myself and everyone else that if you are determined enough, nothing can stop you. The major challenges were the many events and vacations I attended:
  • I went on a cruise for 4 days (facing my claustrophobia ;)
  • I went out of town 2 times
  • I went to a wedding, a bridal shower, a baby shower, an engagement party, and a graduation party
  • Attended holidays and weekly family dinners (feasts really)

With all those events, I stuck with Insanity AND my diet 100%. For the cruise: I worked out in my stateroom - a room for 5 people - and yes it was plenty of room to do push-ups, squats, and burpees! Out of town, I did my workouts first thing in the morning to get them out of the way and so I could enjoy myself without any stress. The parties - I ate before each party (lots of protein!) to curb my appetite and be able to resist all the goodies! I can honestly say it wasn't even hard to do that. Occasionally I wanted a piece of cake or cookies but because I am privileged enough to be invited to such events so frequently, I knew it wasn't worth ruining my diet. I must add, of course it's ok to splurge and enjoy yourself at parties - I am just working hard to get my body into top shape for the audition this summer so I could not afford any splurging during this process. I hope I could prove to anyone who faces adversity such as the kinds I did that there are no excuses!

There have also been countless comments from friends and family and doubt that I had to deal with. I just ignored them due to the ignorance of the comment. "Let's see if you can keep it off - that's the tough part." "You can't eat like this for the rest of your life!"

There were days when I was way too tired (no energy) and I truly didn't think I could do the workout. I still got dressed, put on my favorite music, and in a few minutes I got in the mood and did the workout! It's such a mind game really.

My Insanity Progress
It's astonishing how quick my body was conditioned during Insanity. The first 2 days I had to stop during the warm-ups and then the 3rd day I did the warm-up straight through! All my life I could never run more than 1.5 miles without stopping. On my 11th day of Insanity, I ran an entire 10k race without stopping (6.2 miles)! Unbelievable! Now as for the weight loss, that came off very slow. I lost only 2.4 pounds the first month and then 4.4 pounds the second month for a total loss of 6.8 pounds. As disappointed as I was, I finally realized that the scale didn't matter. My body was in the best shape it has ever been and I looked the best I have ever in my life! I also realized that I don't have that much weight to lose anymore, so that's why my weight can't drop as fast as it did before.

NSVs Accomplished During Insanity (Non-scale Victories)
  • I weigh less than my driver's license weight when I was 17 years old!
  • I ran a 10k without stopping!
  • I fit into my old clothes
  • I finally can wear midriff bearing clothes! (My favorite style)
  • I am now in the normal BMI range!

Results!
So here are the actual numbers:

r1tgf9f.jpg

I lost a total of 9 inches off my body.

What I Have Learned
Throughout the last 63 days of Insanity, I learned a lot about myself and especially the power I hold in affecting the ones around me. I have faced adversity, I have inspired friends and family to workout and make better dietary decisions, I have proven to myself that I can do what I put my mind to, and I have learned what is most important to me in the long run. I also gained a lot of self awareness and have never loved myself like I do now - that is priceless!

Special thanks to the MFP community and especially my friends that have been supporting me since day 1 and following up on my progress:

Yanesmy89, Axolotlkate, Go_Mizzou99, Rez2012, Nezz123, Leakduh21, Louminouche, lllBiRDiElll, My_Butt, KatsuNinja, creasys_bean2011, giannigreco83, Yisrael1981, Itbeginswithyourself, bookworm_847, Lisa1971, joleneee421, ja9smakinachange, hnovak0103, iateeq, maasha81, Captain_Wobbles, MarriedFatherof3, gam3rguy, julyskb, satisatisati, Skeels, nowweseeyou, amdawells, and sweetaddiction257

Thank you for taking the time to read my success.

My First 10k Race! (we just had to dress up as Batman and Robin ;) )
PlsuHaE.jpg

My Cruiseship Room Where I Did My Workouts (Yup, that's right!)
6obK7LW.jpg?1

Before and After:
4jCUPWt.jpg

Fit Test Results (I was so fatigued the last day)
t12efMV.jpg

Replies

• KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, didn't realise you had quite that many obstacles! Bloody well done girl! That's an incredible commitment to get up every day, regardless of where you are, and stick with the plan. And the fitness level really shows! Wish I had your will power :)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Especially on the 10K. I signed up for one and I'm shaking in my boots. :neutral:

Again, nice work and I can really see a difference!
  • amdawells
    amdawells Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is Fantastic!!! You have come such a long way & I am SO proud of you! If you can inspire someone to make a life change, such as you have, you're doing it right! Good for you girl! You are amazing!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    BOOYAH! WELL DONE! :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You worked so hard and did such a fantastic job. I'm proud of you!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    This is a such cool post. Congrats!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow,wow,wow.
    Firstly you look amazing.
    Secondly what a victory!
    I heard bits and pieces of your story through your daily status updates however putting it all together it takes it to a whole new level.
    I find especially inspiring your ability to stick to your diet even on a cruise where there is so much good food.I would have made so many excuses for myself
  • julyskb
    julyskb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You're progress is inspirational! You look fantastic and kudos to sticking to your guns. Congratulations! And good luck on your audition!!!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • KingsGirl4
    Options
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to read about my Insanity journey. It was tough but very rewarding.
  • maryerline
    maryerline Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. Thank you for this post. I'm going away a lot this summer so it's great to know that I can still stick to my diet and nutrition while on vacation. I'm doing the insanity workout myself. Now on day 3.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I loved ur commitment.. way to go
  • KingsGirl4
    Options
    maryerline wrote: »
    Amazing job. Thank you for this post. I'm going away a lot this summer so it's great to know that I can still stick to my diet and nutrition while on vacation. I'm doing the insanity workout myself. Now on day 3.

Thank you! That's so great that you are doing Insanity! Way to go for starting. Yes absolutely don't be intimidated or discouraged just because you are away from home. Take your laptop with you and pop the DVDs in, it's that simple. Also mentally prepare yourself before you go because if you start to feel like taking a few days off, you can just remind yourself that you are committed to getting it done! Take it 1 day at a time. Vacation will feel so much more enjoyable when you eat clean :) Feel free to ask me any questions along the way!

I loved ur commitment.. way to go
    Thanks @praksindiafit , it was the first time in my entire life I stuck to something from start to finish! This was a huge accomplishment for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!