Fitbit charge hr , help please?

Options

Hi guys, a little help again please. Just back from a 6 mile walk, pace was up and down due to the heat. Few hills along the way. I wore both my misfit and my Fitbit charge hr so I could compare them both. They are both telling me I did roughly the same amount of steps, however the misfit is telling me I burned 480 cals and the Fitbit is telling me 980. The Fitbit has an heart rate monitor built in and I'm aware that it's not as accurate as some however I assume it more accurate that the misfit with no heart rate monitor? 980 just seems very high, not that I'm complaining. Any thoughts?

Replies

• ssherry204
    ssherry204 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Take an average this one and keep an eye for the next time around? Good effort all the same.... Plus having two apps is sound logic using just the one is a bit silly I'm seeing now lol :)
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    If the heat was enough that your heart rate was up as a way of cooling your body, using the heart rate as a measure of calories burned simply won't be accurate.
  • shaz_0206
    shaz_0206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ssherry204 wrote: »
    Take an average this one and keep an eye for the next time around? Good effort all the same.... Plus having two apps is sound logic using just the one is a bit silly I'm seeing now lol :)

Thanks, to be honest I wasn't planning on keeping both, seems like it wud be exchausting constantly checking them both and wrecking my brain over the difference lol

• shaz_0206
    shaz_0206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    If the heat was enough that your heart rate was up as a way of cooling your body, using the heart rate as a measure of calories burned simply won't be accurate.

Good point, although I tend to try and not eat any if my exercise calories back so it's not too much of a big deal. I guess I was just wondering it the fitbit was playing up as yesterday was the first time I used it.