Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Firefox?

jodie_t
jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
Slightly off topic, but has anyone had any probs/difficulties moving from MS Explorer to Firefox? Apparently pages on sites like this are way better viewed with Firefox, (less clutter) but if I dump MSE i'm wondering if I'm going to hit probs I don't even know about yet.. ? what's your experience?

Cheers :drinker:

Replies

• donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Firefox rocks, especially for sites like this, facebook too. Never a problem for me.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    We use Firefox and have had no problems at all with it.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    I love Firefox and have been using it for years. The new version (4.0) is out, although I haven't upgraded yet. The only issue I've heard about with that version is that the addons don't work yet (It's possible this has been fixed already too). I just haven't taken the time to upgrade yet... hehe. But, I definitely recommend using Firefox!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I do find Firefox to better and safer. However, there are some web forms that only work with MSE. I keep MSE around as a backup in those instances, but use firefox or opera as my primary browser.
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    I'm a firefox devotee. There's an add on that allows you to render a page in IE, and that pretty much solves any firefox related problem you may have. I think it's much better than anything else I've ever used (Chrome, Safari, and IE)
  • johnthefatman
    johnthefatman Posts: 205
    Firefox is good and should cause you no problems - Google Chrome is even better especially if you have a google mail account. I use all 3 at the same time and have no probs.
  • WATRD
    WATRD Posts: 25
    FireFox all the way. If you use the addon "IE Tab", you can click an icon to render your current page with IE, within the FireFox window.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ie-tab-plus-ff-36/

The best of both worlds.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    I use Firefox on MFP with no problems at all. You can still keep IE on your machine just in case some other site is not designed or coded to work with anything but IE. You can always change your default browser to whatever one you choose, also. I have multiple browsers on my computer just cause I like to check them out (and very rarely write a web page that I test on all of them): Safari, Opera, Chrome, IE, etc. But Firefox is the one I use the most. Happy dieting and surfing!
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    I like firefox, but if you want a good one that does well with all pages do google chrome.
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    The only place I've ever had probs with Firefox is if I go to Microsoft website for something LOL! Seriously - they won't let you view any of their stuff on Firefox. Sore losers....
  • jodie_t
    >>Sore losers.... <<

LOL..

Thanks for all your input :happy: Does Google Chrome cut out the pop-ups/ads as well as Firefox does.. ?

I hadn't even thought of using Google Chrome, but I have a google account so maybe that would be better.

I use several free sites and the ads are getting really intrusive and ridiculous - (do I want to talk dirty to Russian babes?? I don't think so..! lol ). This site is not so bad and I have even found some of the ads useful, but there's a couple of others where ads are totally overwhelming the content ..
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I'm a firefox devotee. There's an add on that allows you to render a page in IE, and that pretty much solves any firefox related problem you may have. I think it's much better than anything else I've ever used (Chrome, Safari, and IE)

I use the add on to make the Firefox page like IE when necessary, though it is rarely a problem. I have used Firefox for years. Love it!
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    I love Chrome too 'cause it is SERIOUSLY lightening fast! However... I've run into many many sites that don't operate properly with it :( Usually it's sites where you have to click radio buttons (those "dot" type buttons) or check boxes.
  • jodie_t
    I love Chrome too 'cause it is SERIOUSLY lightening fast! However... I've run into many many sites that don't operate properly with it :( Usually it's sites where you have to click radio buttons (those "dot" type buttons) or check boxes.

hmmm....

I'm thinking I'll try one or the other on my old netpad first, that way if it messes up it won't be with no.1 computer here...
  • Never had an issue with FF or with chrome. I do like the way Chrome does add on's better than FF but that's mostly just personal preference.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    I love firefox. I tried Chrome and had issues with it (probably caused by me, lol) I might try it again eventually.

I run NoScript and AdBlocker on firefox, it's so much more secure than IE, though! And it's not like you can't go back to IE if a page isn't working in firefox or chrome, if you're running windows it's basically impossible to get entirely rid of it.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    FF causes major system crashes with computers that utilize ATI graphics cards. Which i do. IE9 is probably the best browser out there on a Windows 7 system. I use all 3 but like IE9 the best. This wasn't the case with older Internet Explorer versions.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i looooove FF. i get mad when i have to use IE!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    What is this, 2004? The only reason to use IE is if you're a web developer and want to test something for compatibility or diagnose IE-only issues.

You might want to consider Chrome as well. It has become my default browser.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Chrome!