I'm not new, but I'm back again.

Options
Hi everyone.

It's taken me a long time to realize I'm in the wrong mental state to succeed in getting healthy (again) alone. The past few years have been rough emotionally. No complaints; I enjoy every moment of life, but I compensate for my emotions with food. With things starting to level off, I know it's time to get running, eating better, and refraining from binge-eating.

I'm an all-or-nothing person, so I know that avoiding the tempting food is my best way of concurring this. I've done it before, and I can do it again. Starting, though, is the hardest part.

We have this snack cupboard at work... Well, enough said, right? And tonight I went out and bought a family size package of Whoppers... And ate the whole thing. After dinner! How is that even possible?

Add me as a friend if you like and let's share stories, food blogs, and updates!

Thanks everyone for reading, and good luck in your own journey.

Replies

• brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm not new either (probably 4-5 years between two accounts), but I'm just starting to try to lose weight again after having a baby almost 3 months ago. I stayed active and healthy during my pregnancy but it definitely put weight loss on hold. I am also an all or nothing person. I don't do moderation very well!

I lost 100 lbs in 2008/09 (from 300 to 199lb) and maintained that until last year. I gained 30 lbs back last year that I didn't lose before before deciding to get pregnant, so right now I just want to focus on getting back to my lowest weight, then after that set new goals to get to my ideal healthy weight.

I'm looking for new friends to add as well for a fresh start, so feel free to add me!

• hanjanxx
    hanjanxx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "I'm not new, but I'm back again." I can completely relate. Haha. I'd love to follow your journey and swap stories.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Me too!. In 2011 i was here lost 25lbs then life happened and now im back looking to lose 20 or 30lbs again.
    Its just hard to get started mentally for me.
  • TheWeightOfFood
    TheWeightOfFood Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It really is all mental, isn't it? Crazy that :)
  • curvygoals_22
    curvygoals_22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    was on here 2 years ago. lost about 13lbs then stopped because i got bored and unmotivated. Don't know whats wrong with me. I'm back now, heavier than I was then and hate it.
    Btw the whopper thing isn't too bad. i once ate 6 cheese burgers and 2 large fries plus a large sunday, at midnight from mcdonalds... I wont be doing that again...ever!!!!!
    everyone can feel free to add me. only 5 days into my new journey but i can do it and hope to help motivate others!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi guys-- I hear you a thousand percent! I lost a little over 50 pounds in 2011 and then met my now-husband. Over the past four years since then, I've gained it all back, and then some. It's taken me a while to get back to a place, mentally, where I could "come back," but I'm ready now, and I'm looking for support (and willing to offer mine!!) from others who understand. So I really appreciate the candidness in this forum post, because it gives me hope that I'm not alone!
  • teaadventures
    teaadventures Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I keep coming and going too, but here I am again! Would love new pals so anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • TheWeightOfFood
    Options
    i once ate 6 cheese burgers and 2 large fries plus a large sunday, at midnight from mcdonalds...

Still a bad mental state when you think 1) that sounds good and 2) that's not a big binge. Haha... I just downloaded Brain Over Binge cuz someone else on the forum recommended it. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • TheWeightOfFood
    Options
    No one is alone! :) well that feels corny to say, eh? True though
  • seanyd1701
    seanyd1701 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, that is me also. Lost a couple of stone about 2yrs ago, have since put it all back on, and need to change now, change of job and routine messed it all up, as usual.