Is saving cals for late night snack okay

Options
Hi

I eat healthy all day but save around 400 calories about 3 times a week for a late night snack, usually a desert or ice cream.

I am always within calories and macros, is this okay for weight loss?

Replies

• mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    yes! As long as you are with in your deficit - which it sounds like you are - timing doesn't matter. Enjoy your late night snack.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi

I eat healthy all day but save around 400 calories about 3 times a week for a late night snack, usually a desert or ice cream.

I am always within calories and macros, is this okay for weight loss?

Absolutely! Many people feel doing this staves off binges. You've saved the calories you can spend them on what ever you want. Sort of like I have paid my rent, insurance, utilities this month I think I'll take some of the money I saved and go to the movies.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    yes

I graze in the evenings on ice cream and crisps and chocolate when I feel like it

not affected my success in the slightest
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    yes

I graze in the evenings on ice cream and crisps and chocolate when I feel like it

not affected my success in the slightest
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I save calories for in the evening so If i fancy a beer, or a nice pudding when my partner gets home I have the calories left to do it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What's unhealthy about dessert and icecream?

Yes... Of course it's ok! Enjoy :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!! Eat whenever you want!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    What they said
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I do this every day! Enjoy your calories any time you like :)
  • goaliesmate
    goaliesmate Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't go to bed for a couple of hours after the snack ... or has science disproved that advice?
  • AJ_G
    Options
    As long as you don't go to bed for a couple of hours after the snack ... or has science disproved that advice?

Science has disproved that advice
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

What? No. Yes science has disproved that. There is nothing wrong with eating before bed. If you are in a deficit you will lose regardless of what time a day you eat.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

you were right to question your own advice because yes that particular bro-science is rubbish too

:bigsmile:
  • AJ_G
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

you were right to question your own advice because yes that particular bro-science is rubbish too

"Rubbish" huh? You must be from across the pond lol
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I save about a third of my daily calories for the evening.

Edited to add that it's not stopped me from losing 22% of my bodyweight, and am now less than 2 pounds from my ultimate goal.
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Totally okay. I often log what I want to eat as my 'after dinner delight' earlier in the day and fit my lunch and dinner around it.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

"Rubbish" huh? You must be from across the pond lol

Nope .. that's you who is across the pond :)
  • bkscott5
    bkscott5 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have snacked on junk food almost every day, not being able to have some junk food has been my downfall on all of the other diets I have done most of my life (WW points allowed me to eat some junk too). I went from a VERY tight 14 (If I couldn't fit into a 14 I wouldn't buy new clothes) and wear a size 6 now, so I'll keep my junk food. I would just try to get in my 5 fruits/veggies a day & that made it ok for me. But I have gone overboard with too much junk in a day so I need to get back to eating more healthy foods.
    So you can have your cake and ice cream too, just stay under your daily calories.
  • Kennethxyz
    Kennethxyz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also do the same, I save for craft beers (usually belgian) and one is around 250 kcals.