motivation

Options
theswan0
theswan0 Posts: 51 Member
Hi my name is mandy iv just bought myself a garmin fitbit i just want to get back to being fit and healthy after being very poorly for 4 years im 43 and love fitness but my motivation is a bit low at the moment so i hoped the fitbit would help.

Replies

• glennione
    glennione Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Be sure to add me :-)
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Go for it Mandy, I was unwell for a while a few years ago too and it's what really motivated me to get myself fit and feeling good about myself, I wasn't unwell for as long as you have been but I was at the point of having to write my will.
    I'm now sat here with a serious leg injury, I always almost lost my leg in a bike accident in April but I've set up a mini gym on my patio because I can't get to the gym, what motivates you? Just sit on your own and try and focus on it, it helped me and I went on to lose 6 stones so 84 pounds, then I focused on the finer points of getting toned, come on you can do this...seriously,
  • theswan0
    Options
    I love fitness except running i hate running lol my motivation is my children well there not children their teens but i want to be around a long time for them as 3 of them have aspergers syndrome so they need me its not so much the weight that bothers me im 9st 7lb but i would like to be back to 8 and half stone my before giving up smoking weight which I gave up 4 yrs ago but i want to get real fit again like i was before I got ill but im all better now but don't feel happy in my skin so i will change it. :smile:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    theswan0 wrote: »
    Hi my name is mandy iv just bought myself a garmin fitbit i just want to get back to being fit and healthy after being very poorly for 4 years im 43 and love fitness but my motivation is a bit low at the moment so i hoped the fitbit would help.

You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun!
  • theswan0
    Options