5'1" losing sizes more than weight

Options
Hi, I'm 21 years old, 5'1" and fluctuating between 119-121 lbs currently. I've been trying to lose some weight(around 7,8 lbs) but also wanted to slim down in size more than anything else. Most of my fat is in my love handles, my upper arms, and my thighs. Any suggestions or tips? If anyone has similar goals or is in the same range as me, feel free to shoot me a friend request!

Replies

• dangergirlnga
    dangergirlnga Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Same height & when I was your age, same weight. Twenty years later, my goals are more about taking off the inches than the lbs as well. After retiring from roller derby -- after fracturing a couple vertebrae -- I'm focused on getting back to where I was in the early derby years: a solid, tight, strong 130. If I can whittle off a couple inches here & there, I'll be pretty much back to it! 3" down since December & it's all from boot camps & weightlifting.
  • laryssalynch15
    laryssalynch15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm also 21, but I'm 5'5'' and a bit (70-ish pounds) heavier than you, but I've definitely been in your spot. Sometimes it's not about the scale, it's about how you feel and how things fit. I know I've been in great shape (and happy) at a higher weight, and I've been in terrible shape (and looked huge) at a lower weight. Toning is so important at that point. And maintaining calories, but trying to reduce some of the junk. At the end of the day, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, but if you're anything like me some foods (high in salt and fat) cause me to store weight differently and lead to consistent bloating. I'll send you a request, but seeing as how I currently have slightly different goals, no hard feelings if you say no. Good luck!