Obesity in Poor People

Ask anyone who was alive during World War II. How many poor people were obese? Answer is none. Then why are the poorest people the most obese?

Answer is poor food quality. Today food is cheap. But why? Our food and water is laced with antibiotics, hormones, pesticides and other additives to enhance taste and prolong shelf life. If you saw the conditions in which your meat was produced, you would stop eating meat.

Want an easy weight loss tip? Do what I did. Change as much as you can to organic food. Yes it costs more but you will eat less. You will feel fuller faster and longer. I now save money on groceries because I eat less. I am not as hungry because my body isn't starving for nutrition. You owe it to yourself to try.

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Protip: Eat less of the "poor quality" food instead and save even MORE money. Omg the lifehacks.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Ask anyone who was alive during World War II. How many poor people were obese? Answer is none. Then why are the poorest people the most obese?

Answer is poor food quality. Today food is cheap. But why? Our food and water is laced with antibiotics, hormones, pesticides and other additives to enhance taste and prolong shelf life. If you saw the conditions in which your meat was produced, you would stop eating meat.

Want an easy weight loss tip? Do what I did. Change as much as you can to organic food. Yes it costs more but you will eat less. You will feel fuller faster and longer. I now save money on groceries because I eat less. I am not as hungry because my body isn't starving for nutrition. You owe it to yourself to try.

Ignored rest of post, due to utter falsehood in opening line.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Brooklyn99Insider-Gina-Chelsea+Peretti-High+Horse+2.gif
  • Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member
    That is a very interesting observation, and I agree with everything you have said. I have noticed that watching "old" movies...there are not many obese people, and I fully agree that the current situation in is due to stuff like this:

2013-04-27-20-07-28adj.jpg
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2015
    Urgh. I just.... I can't even.

Edit: You know people lived on rations during the war right?

And FYI, organic doesn't mean no pesticides. Just means different kinds. Ones that aren't regulated and the producer doesn't have to tell you about.

But please, feel free to preach at all us uninformed folk some more. You are after all the only person ever to have lost weight and been healthy. Your way is the only way.
  • juggernaut1974
    edited June 2015
    bmorss807 wrote: »
    That is a very interesting observation, and I agree with everything you have said. I have noticed that watching "old" movies...there are not many obese people, and I fully agree that the current situation in is due to stuff like this:

Flourescent lights and shiny floors causes obesity?

Or is it the coolers and folding chairs on top of the displays?

Pls explain.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Pls explain.

All the above. It's how I got fat.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    here-we-go-again.gif
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    funny.gif
  • Nuke807
    Nuke807 Posts: 160 Member

Pls explain.

Is this better?

018.jpg

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member

Many people are obese because they have no knowledge of food and are eating lots of calorie-dense foods and beverages. It all boils down to eating more calories than they burn. Period.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    no one during world war 2 was obese? I find that hard to believe.

I have nothing against people who eat organic. I eat organic labelled things too (when they are cheaper than conventional products). I think my soymilk and my dry TVP are both organic, but I am a price shopper, first and foremost.

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member

If only you knew how non-organic your $7 "organic" apples are.

Know what I'm going to do? I'm going to continue to eat my diet of foods from various sources (including the odd trip down the freezer isle) and just keep on losing the weight and improving my health. Mmmkay? Mmmkay.

Damn fear mongers.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Ever been to a food bank?
  • juggernaut1974

Pls explain.

Is this better?

018.jpg

Not particularly.

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member

Pls explain.

It's the folding chairs, I've been struggling with weight issues caused by folding chairs for nearly a decade.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Oh and sooooo much of this

Van-Dame-Funny-GIF.gif
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    ..Want an easy weight loss tip? Do what I did. Change as much as you can to organic food. .

Not necessarily true. Eat less processed food rather than just organic. Processed food is generally higher in carbs, salt and the other chemicals you mentioned. Antibiotics etc wont increase weight but arent healthy.

Search for Gweneth Palthrows pathetic attempt to substitute processed foods for $29 worth of organic/whole food.
  • juggernaut1974

Pls explain.

It's the folding chairs, I've been struggling with weight issues caused by folding chairs for nearly a decade.

OMG I just put a folding chair in my trunk for the summer season. There go my gainz... :(
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member

The most I've weighed is 280 pounds. I got there because I simply ate too much food. It doesn't matter what I ate, I was eating more than I was burning. Do you feel physically better when you eat healthy food over processed food? For me, yes I do. But as far as weight gain and/or loss, it's all about quantity, not quality.

This discussion has been closed.