Hey tall girls! 6ft and up! What is your goal weight?

Options
Hey girls!

I am 6ft tall with a goal weight of 185, what is your goal weight or goal pant size? I don't think its realistic for me to ever try to fit into a size 6, but I'm not sure! I wear a 14-16 right now, and I was a 10 in the past before I gained weight. I have HUGE hands (they never fit in bracelets or the gloves that come with hair dye) and I wear a size 12 shoe, so overall, I am just a big person. Trying to figure out what a realistic body weight/pant size would be for a girl with a large frame. The BMI chart also says that I am obese, and I completely disagree. Anyone else tall out there?

Replies

• longshadows17
    longshadows17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tall here! Not quite 6 foot, but 5'11... and I hear you, size 12 feet and like an 8/9 in rings and gloves....

I'm 150 now, maintaining around that, though wouldn't mind more in the 140s. My highest weight was 160 and I was a 6/8, now at 150 and with weight training, I am very comfortably a size 4, so don't sell yourself short (pun intended). Get to your goal weight and re-evaluate, you might be surprised and want to go more!
  • CrashDietKirsty
    CrashDietKirsty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! :)

I'm 6'1 and when I started my weight loss journey, I was a size 16-18 and weighed around 230 pounds!
    Now I'm a size 6 (believe me, I didn't think it was possible either) and around 140lbs!
    I'm a size 7 foot, although somehow that shrank from an 8 pre-weight loss! Everyone is different though- I wouldn't aim for a weight or a size really. I'd just do what you're doing right until you feel even more confident and beautiful!

Also, feel free to add me to chat or whatever! :)
  • CrashDietKirsty
    CrashDietKirsty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm from the UK! So they would be UK sizes :)
  • plo4u
    plo4u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11" and size 11 shoe. I have only been doing this for 2 months but I started as a size 12 and am down to an 8-10 now. I try to find "tall" clothes but I find a lot more petite than tall! When I was at my smallest I was 140 and I wore anything from a size 10-5 depending on the length. You've gotta just go with what your body is looking like because every clothing line seems to make me a new size! Good luck and friend me for support. I need more support too!!
  • chrissycakes123
    chrissycakes123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses! Helps put it in perspective!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Tall starts way below 6 feet!

I'm somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11". My goal weight is 190. I have an extremely long torso, large breasts and I am very muscular.

I don't have goal sizes, but I currently wear size 8 (US) jeans at about 20 pounds above my goal. Not sure if I will get down to a 6--I am more interested in health, feeling good and looking good than on the particular size on the label.
  • esyla
    esyla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    6' checking in. Right now I'm hovering around 215. I have no idea what my goal size would be, but my ideal goal weight is 165-175lbs. I just want to keep losing and finally get under 200!
  • Anji002
    Anji002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I currently weigh 206 which is the heaviest I've been (other than being pregnant). I'm between a size 10 and 12 and going down. This might sound a bit cheesy...I've given up on a goal weight or goal size and now simply focus on being strong and healthy and loving myself. I look better now than I did when I was down to 175 and I'm smaller, I was a size 14 at that weight!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Goal weight for now is 180ish and I'm a touch over 6'. If I decide to go any lower, I won't go below 165 because then I start looking like I'm malnourished. I'm large framed so the lowest healthy clothes size is usually a 10 to 12 (U.S.). I'm so thin when I'm in a size 10 that no one believes I'm that size because it's so near "media's" idea of plus sized. I also have very large hands , but I have small feet for my height (size 9.5 to 10).
  • chrissycakes123
    Options
    Thanks for all your feed back ladies! Tall girls rule! I just want to be healthy most of all, but I want to realistic as well. I've lost 31 pounds so far, and I am 224.5 right now. Its pretty evenly distributed on me, so that's a plus about being tall I guess. I've always just been sorta skinny fat, if that makes sense. I just hate the bmi chart, because it calls me obese, and I just don't think I am..I am overweight yes, but obese sounds...like I'm a monster or something. hahaha
  • chrissycakes123
    Options
    The tall struggle is real! haha
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"11" and I have a large frame. That's not the nice way of saying overweight; I'm definitely overweight. But like many of you have said, I've got the large shoe size, large wrists/hands, broad shoulders... I'm just built like a valkyrie. And when I lift weights I don't get lean, I get muscular, and I'm totally ok with that. I'm never going to be a small, lithe woman, but I want to be healthy and strong, so that's my goal. Short-term I'm focusing just on getting below 200 lbs. Beyond that, I'll see what feels right.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 '11, 200, and for my 20s-30s I was 150. In my 40s-50s weight stayed around 175. I just want to be lighter on my feet, so I'll figure out where I should be as I get lighter. When I do the wrist test for bone size I come out to medium-large boned. I wore size 11 shoes for years, but this last year I'm a 12. Thanks for this thread--I don't feel so alone! I've been wearing 14-16 pants, and 8s would be ideal for me. So we'll see.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I may only be 5 ft 5, but as grandpa used to say......

I'm tall for my height.

:smiley:

My hat is off to the tall ladies.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'11 with a medium frame and started off at 255 and a size 20/22.

Over 3 and a half years later, I now maintain between 170 - 175 and very happy at a size 10.

I did not have a goal weight, but I monitored my measurements and focused on improving my fitness. Being strong, fit and healthy was my goal along with keeping some curves and putting on a little muscle. Once I got there and was happy I transitioned into maintenance.

I also lost 2 shoes size as well which has been great for having more options! Also I grew an inch with my weight loss. :)

Good luck ladies!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and have set my goal weight to around 165. I was pretty close to that when I got married 13 years ago so I think it's an achievable goal but really I'll just be happy to get back to the 170s. The smallest size I remember wearing once I stopped getting taller was a size 9 and that was in high school so I'm not sure that's realistic now. I'm currently 223 and a size 16 or 18 depending on the brand and a 9 in shoes.
  • lucyholdcroft363
    lucyholdcroft363 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5 and aiming for around 145 pounds! I started at 210 and I'm currently 160ish and a size 10 (my body fat is quite low so I am smaller at heavier weights). I do a LOT of cardio too. :smiley:
  • chrissycakes123
    Options
    Great responses ladies. You guys rule. And congratulations to everyone on their success! Feel free to add me if you want any more support!
  • futuremathematician
    futuremathematician Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", around 180 lbs. after gaining 10 lbs. sophomore year of college :/ my heaviest was about 205 lbs. and a size 12/14. I usually wear a size 10 now, I'd like to be able to wear a size 8 and be around 160 lbs. Your goal weight seems reasonable and a healthy weight, good luck!!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello beautiful tall ladies!!