I hate healthy foods!!!

Options
dawnjohnw
dawnjohnw Posts: 18 Member
Hi, I'm Dawn! Been on MFP for about a week now and I'm looking to lose at least 20lbs. In need of friends here, because I have a lot of dumb questions. :wink: I hate healthy food and I don't eat anything green! This might take awhile!!

Replies

• bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me. I don't eat particularly 'healthy' foods, just make sure I count everything and stick to my calorie goal. You just have to do what it takes to eat less calories than you burn and the weight will come off slowly but surely.
  • theswan0
    theswan0 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me im a qualified personal fitness trainer but iv been off work for a while dew to being ill but im on the mend now :)
  • dawnjohnw
    Options
    bubaluboo wrote: »
    Hello, feel free to add me. I don't eat particularly 'healthy' foods, just make sure I count everything and stick to my calorie goal. You just have to do what it takes to eat less calories than you burn and the weight will come off slowly but surely.

Thank you! I will add
  • dawnjohnw
    Options
    theswan0 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me im a qualified personal fitness trainer but iv been off work for a while dew to being ill but im on the mend now :)

Thank you, will add
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    dawnjohnw wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Dawn! Been on MFP for about a week now and I'm looking to lose at least 20lbs. In need of friends here, because I have a lot of dumb questions. :wink: I hate healthy food and I don't eat anything green! This might take awhile!!

I somehow doubt you hate all "healthy" food.

There are endless textures and tastes, along with ways to prepare so many foods, the possibilities are endless.

To lose weight, it is the calories that matter. For health, choosing nutrient dense foods most of the time is important. Focus on the things you do like and build from there. Try different recipes, different prep methods, different combinations and you never know, you may discover new likes! Try "hiding" vegies in your meals if you dislike them - grated zucchini/carrot etc in sauces, meatballs, burgers for example.