Question, if someone can help

Options
I'm new to this & selected I would like to loose 1.5lbs a week. I'm staying within my 1200 calories however the calculator is not reflecting in 5 weeks I will loose that much. I'm only on day 3. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong so far???

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I would post this is technical, but you probably have to have so many days of logging before it calculates that for you.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this & selected I would like to loose 1.5lbs a week. I'm staying within my 1200 calories however the calculator is not reflecting in 5 weeks I will loose that much. I'm only on day 3. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong so far???

It is probably because 1200 is the lowest MFP will go and in order for you to lose 1.5lbs a week it would have to be lower than that.

You have 20lbs to go...1 or 1/2lb a week is more realistic.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Based on your age/height/weight/gender & activity level MFP estimates how much you burn in a total day, deducts for your deficit based on your goal, and arrives at a # of calories for you to eat. But will not go below 1200. I'll do 2 examples. A) you burn 1775 per day B) you burn 2200 per day

A) Your total daily burn (before exercise) is estimated at 1775 - 750 = 1025. MFP won't go below 1200, so you get 1200. Though at 1200 its a deficit of 575 which is a little over 1 pound per week. The 5 week prediction will show this rather than 1.5/week.

B) your total daily burn (before exercise) is estimated at 2200 - 750 = 1450. If you consistently logged around 1450/day the 5 week prediction would show you averaging 1.5 per week.

How much you burn in a day is based on gender (guys tend to burn more than gals), height & weight (taller/heavier use more energy to move their bodies) and age (gradually burn decreases as we age). Then there is activity level. You can influence this somewhat by trying to build more activity into your day. Do active hobbies or combine active interests with inactive hobbies. Park at the back of the lot instead of trying to get the closest spot by the door of stores when you're doing errands. Park and go in for dry cleaning, banking, etc. and avoid drive thrus.

• Hassanator
    Hassanator Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For Me, I don't find that feature accurate, therefore I don't use it