First week in, no weight lost

Options
ermand
ermand Posts: 54 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So I am 8 days in and have weighed myself and i haven't lost any weight yet. I've been strictly weighing all of my food, and getting at least 30 mins of cardio every day. I am also lifting weights 3x a week. I'm 6'5 230 lbs and eating roughly 1900-2100 calories a day, and eating less than half my exercise calories back. I know I am being impatient but I would have expected to lose at least 1 pound this week.

My exercise log and food diary are public if you wanna check it out. I'm frustrated but not going to give up.

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. One week is not long enough of a time period to gauge whether you've been successful so far. Additionally; just asking this because I see a lot of gram entries in your diary, and want to make sure my assumption is correct; these are all weighed on a food scale, correct?
  • ermand
    Options
    Yeah I use a food scale for everything.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I would say give it another few weeks, most people retain some water when they begin a strength training program.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You could easily be holding water in your muscle tissue due to the weightlifting, especially if you just started. One week is barely enough time to expect results.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    As already stated weight loss isn't linear. Looks like you also started working out at the same time. This can cause water retention. Give it 2-3 more weeks before you change anything else.
  • ermand
    Options
    Alright guys i'll give it another week or two and see how it goes. Thanks for the help.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    First of all be more patient
    But i also see cup entrees in your diary, like you also use cups and spoons and serving sizes

This can be highly inaccurate
    Weigh EVERYTHING!

But again be more patient too...give it a bit longer it can be water retention.
    when no lost in the coming weeks
    than you eat at maintenance level. So you have to cut back in calories
    Your logging is not accurate or your burned calories over estimated...Most of the time its a bit of both :)

• natlierees
    natlierees Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've done strict exercise 4 times a week and cycling to work and diet for 6 weeks I have lost 2lbs and 0.5kgs body fat 1cm off belly - it's not going to happen in a week sorry I would recommend you measure body fat instead of weight
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    natlierees wrote: »
    I would recommend you measure body fat instead of weight

Very good point for a newb. Start measuring yourself on weigh in days. Keep a record of your measurements for comparisons.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Maybe do as i did and don't eat back any excersise calories until you get a good grasp of logging i don't mean to be sarcastic or anything but how did you cook your chicken and did you eat the muffin with nothing on it. Pretty much everything you use to cook with and flavor or what ever has calories. Just a suggestion it worked for me.