They say 21 days makes a habit...

Options
a_manda
a_manda Posts: 36 Member
So today is my 21st day logging and I've always heard that if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit.... Just wanted to share some habits I've formed in the past 21 days.

1) Water, water, water. I used drink nothing but diet coke and now I drink nothing but water and don't even think twice about it.
2) Creating ways to be more active; ie- parking at the back of the lot, taking the stairs, etc
and....
3) Eating things in moderation. I can still have the things I love. I just have to plan for it so it fits in my goals for the days, be honest about what I eat, and log everything.

What are some habits everyone else as formed since starting with MFP?

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Putting everything on the scale before I eat it.
  • a_manda
    Options
    Putting everything on the scale before I eat it.

I need to get a good scale. I have a crappy one from Walmart it only measures in oz. I want one that does grams and all that because I know it is the most accurate way to log.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weighing and logging everything, along with your number 3
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    a_manda wrote: »
    I need to get a good scale. I have a crappy one from Walmart it only measures in oz. I want one that does grams and all that because I know it is the most accurate way to log.

A scale that only does ounces is miles better than no scale at all. ;)

• CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I look for a scale where ever I am! need to carry one in my bag, I take time out for exercise like its food. I don't eat if I'm sad :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for the habit to kick in after 3 years. It is still work in progress
  • a_manda
    Options
    I look for a scale where ever I am! need to carry one in my bag, I take time out for exercise like its food. I don't eat if I'm sad :)

^^^ Eating when Im sad is the next thing I am focusing on. I definitely do that way too often.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Been logging every day for almost 200 days. My streak re-set on Christmas last year, but now I just can't help but log everything. The good days, the bad days. I can reflect on my feelings that day (yesterday was terrible!) and so far I have really only had one binge day this month! I also park as far away in the parking lot as I can and drink 100+oz of water a day. It took about three month to make exercise a habit, though, but since I quit smoking it's the best option on my breaks and lunches.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    a_manda wrote: »

^^^ Eating when Im sad is the next thing I am focusing on. I definitely do that way too often.
    I find going out for a walk is fabulous therapy if the weather allows :)
  • Sussychick45
    Sussychick45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm really wanting to get walking again. I remember feeling my happiest when I walked a lot. Just getting started with mfp. Just purchased myself a garmin fitness tracker to track my progress each day. Going to start off walking small and increasing every day until I reach where I want to be then keep going from there
  • Sussychick45
    Sussychick45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All the best. Happy walking
  • heathergetshealthier
    heathergetshealthier Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Been at this since mid-April. My new habits

- daily physical activity (thank you Fitbit! you keep me motivated to crush those 11,000 steps)
    - logging everything that goes into my mouth (thank you myfitnesspal for making this easy)
    - focusing on long term sustainable change and being happy with my body (yay me! and thank you body, you do wonderful things for me every second of the day)