Ramadan is in the air!

Options
abir888
abir888 Posts: 76 Member
Hello, what's your plan for losing weight in Ramadan? feel free to add me for support

Replies

• mahammadtouseef
    mahammadtouseef Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    In sha Allah ramadan is a month where we can loose both our sins and weight. Sent you FR.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm not a muslim nor am I participating in Ramadan, but i wanted to say Ramadan Mubarak
  • ProfessorPupil
    ProfessorPupil Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Any other thread about fasting for weight loss would have a totally different response. :p It blows my mind how an action can be considered good if it's religious, but the very same action is bad if it isn't religious. Anyway, have a nice religious holiday.
  • mahammadtouseef
    Options
    According to me People who consider "any action as bad if it is not religious" are not religious. We all try to keep an eye on health issues when we work, walk, eat, talk, sleep, play etc then why not when follow religion. Anyway thanks.
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It's definitely tough during summer months but it has to be done

Best thing to do is eating some slow digesting foods in the morning like Casien whey protein shakes and cottage cheese. Both should keep you full for long periods of time. I wouldn't recommend eggs because it's fast absorbing and you'll get hungry real fast
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Are you allowed to drink in the fasting period
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Veridian wrote:
    Any other thread about fasting for weight loss would have a totally different response.
    It blows my mind how an action can be considered good if it's religious, but the very same action is bad
    if it isn't religious. Anyway, have a nice religious holiday.
    Except that people who 'fast' for ramadan don't really fast, they just don't eat during daylight.
    There are huge meals, parties, etc. at night.

Probably getting at least as many calories as usual, maybe more because of the treat foods which only
    come out once a year. And they're probably eating a reasonable variety of foods, unlike many people
    who want to do a 'fast' (juice fast, cabbage soup diet, etc.).
    They aren't even doing the 'one meal a day' binge eating cr@p that some promote.
  • sallaf2015
    sallaf2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ramadan this year it will be enshaallah without TV or music or any kind of junk food Allah help me
  • sallaf2015
    sallaf2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are you allowed to drink in the fasting period
    No drink no food no music be good person for the people around you forgive them and help them
  • mahammadtouseef
    Options
    Also ramdan is the month for practicing islam to follow for the rest of 11 months.but unfortunately many people misunderstood the real concept.