Options
2»

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Yes, you can do it.

You may need to adjust your setup in MFP to reflect your new activity level if this is going to be a long term injury.

If it's short term, and you're not too close to 1200, you might stay a 100 calories or so away from your limit to be safe.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thankyou
    and I eat 1400 calories im 5'7,

Great. It sounds like you've more than enough wiggle room and you have manageable expectations. You definitely can do this.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I've nevry life and I've lost 60 pounds. Log everything accurately, including using a food scale if need be, and you'll be able to do it. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Thank you that really helped, wow thats amazing you lost loads congrats! do you exercise much?

Thank you! I still have another 45-55 to go, so that's not even close to the end. I do Stronglifts 3 days a week and walk about 4.5 miles on my days off from work.
  • CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Foreversunshine" thanks gives me hope, I have a cheat day once in two weeks but go over the top.

"swift13b" you look great!

"malibu927" you are so motivated you will get there very soon :) i have ideally I'd like to lose another 28 pounds,

• CupcakeQueen86
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Don't worry. Weight loss is cooked in the kitchen. I lost my first thirty pounds with minimal exercise. There's good evidence as well that walking helps reduce back pain.

http://www.bhg.com/health-family/conditions/pain-relief/why-walking-is-good-for-back-pain/

luckily I love cooking, I put a lot less oil and butter in my cooking now :)
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Adjust while you recover and you should be fine. I couldn't workout for almost a month (hurt my foot) so I just adjusted and still lost 2 pounds a week.
  • CupcakeQueen86
    Options
    wow I don't think I lose that much, I lose a pound a week, but I'm happy with that. Thank you
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I lost more than 90 pounds in the last 11.5 months and I wasn't exercising until recently. I am now walking a mile most days and I plan to increase that, but exercise isn't necessary to lose weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, the only requirement for weight loss, is the deficit. If you need to exercise, make due with walking for a bit until you're healed.
  • CupcakeQueen86
    Options
    Thanks guys I feel better now knowing I can stilllose, will be walking and doing what ever I can do get better :)
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 60lbs with no exercise :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    take an OTC muscle relaxant, that should help minimize the spasm and the compensations that prolong it.

my sympathies, i know it really hurts
  • CupcakeQueen86
    Options

you look amazing in your pic,
  • CupcakeQueen86
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    take an OTC muscle relaxant, that should help minimize the spasm and the compensations that prolong it.

Thank you, it's really bad feel stiff
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

you look amazing in your pic,

Aw, thanks :) I do exercise now, but I've also been in maintenance for two years. I actually still don't do a lot though-around 1-1.5 hours a week of walking and then body-weight strength training. The biggest thing for me has just been losing enough weight/getting my bf % down low enough. Then the strength training on top of that has really made things shape up nicely.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    You'll have to eat less! Make smart food choices to get lots of nutrients for better recovery... Hope it gets better soon

Are you seeing a physio and/or chiro? Mine doesn't recommend stopping training completely and works with me to create a plan I can do.

I ate less today didn't feel so good, I went to see my doctor who said to rest showed me a few exercises hopefully they will help. By plan you mean exercise plan or food?

Dr's will tell you to rest, and probably give you drugs. Neither really help to fix the problem. A physio can treat the problem and help you work around it... With an exercise plan. I've had plenty of injuries over the years but never stopped training, I've just changed how I trained.

That's true, I will try and see a physio this week. Thanks

Do ask the physio about walking and gentle movements/stretches for your back. I struggled with back issues off and on for decades and inactivity was the worst thing for it. I'm a yoga teacher and used to give a super gentle class for two of my office job coworkers with serious back issues.

• HoundstoothMFP
    HoundstoothMFP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really underestimated walking....until I got a hip stress fracture and couldn't run. Once I came to terms that it wasn't going to heal overnight I switched to elliptical, recumbent bike, cardio dance class. I just started back with walking at an incline this week and I'm signed up for a swimming class next week. Still a little bummed that I was just starting to get going on running but it's not a great idea until I lose a more but I'm glad to be exploring alternatives. Good luck!
    Thanks guys I feel better now knowing I can stilllose, will be walking and doing what ever I can do get better :)

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »

What muscle relaxants (as opposed to NSAIDs) are OTC? I did a little googling but all I could find were prescription.