Need some tips on my diet please

Options
I'm having trouble finding ways to get potassium in my diet and staying under my carbs and sugars because I eat so much fruit. I also do not eat meat and I eat very little dairy. What foods can I add to my diet to help me loose weight. I currently weigh 210 lbs my goal is 150 and so far I'm down 45 lbs from 255. I seem to be stuck.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The database on MFP is poor at reporting potassium correctly - is that what you're using to measure ? Many items have 0 potassium meaning no entry rather than no potassium.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i am regular over my potassium :)
    So no problem at all. I am salt less so i track potassium if i get enough and sure enough i hit regular above 3000/3500mg a day :)

veggies is a good one, But i learned to log everything!!!! And i mean everything because like herbs and spices which most people leave out because they only have a couple of calories ..have potassium.

potatoes of course
    i eat a lot of radishes and zucchini all have potassium
    Spinach is a good one too :)

You can add me so you can see my diary, i keep track every day and i have a recipe page too with photo's of my meals and their preparation
  • shernandez1689
    shernandez1689 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do use mfp to track all of my food. I make smoothies every morning and I do add spinach or kale but lately it's been mostly fruit. I never thought to track my herbs and spices that's a good idea. I track when I cook with coconut oil or olive oil.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    as you can see now i track everything ;)
  • wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about sugars if they are coming from natural sources (fruit, veggies, milk). Only added sugars are important, but how do you track them? Fruit isn't going to hurt you either unless you go over your calorie allowance. The only way to accurately track your potassium on MFP is to make your own food lists with USDA numbers on potassium. If you are eating lots of fruits and veggies, you are probably all right on potassium unless you are on medication that eliminates it. Don't worry about carbs unless they come from processed foods (just don't eat processed foods as a general rule).
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding ways to get potassium in my diet and staying under my carbs and sugars because I eat so much fruit. I also do not eat meat and I eat very little dairy. What foods can I add to my diet to help me loose weight. I currently weigh 210 lbs my goal is 150 and so far I'm down 45 lbs from 255. I seem to be stuck.

Don't get hung up on your micros or your macros. If you are in weight loss mode it's calories>macros>micros.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Don't worry about sugars if they are coming from natural sources (fruit, veggies, milk). Only added sugars are important, but how do you track them? Fruit isn't going to hurt you either unless you go over your calorie allowance. The only way to accurately track your potassium on MFP is to make your own food lists with USDA numbers on potassium. If you are eating lots of fruits and veggies, you are probably all right on potassium unless you are on medication that eliminates it. Don't worry about carbs unless they come from processed foods (just don't eat processed foods as a general rule).

thats why i check 99% of the entrees at usda site. when not right i make a new one myself with the corrected numbers :)