WHAT THE???

Options
I am like dying here to know what you guys think of Anna Kournikova replacing Jillian Michaels on the Biggest Loser. Tennis star does not equal a trainer

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the people at BL were thinking. I am NOT impressed by their choice. She is no trainer...........
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    HMMM yeah that seems weird. I thought she was more known for her modeling than tennis too.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching the show to be honest it got tired and predictable. But to replace a trainer with a tennis star is just moronic.....still won't watch the show.
  • tammylfinch
    tammylfinch Posts: 18
    Options
    I agree. Athletes are different than trainers. Not sure what BL was thinking.
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think she can train she is disciplined and knows what she has to do. I'm sure of it, however it will never be the same without Jillian.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Well if the contestants get to choose she will be left standing alone.lol She might know of to sweat but to build muscle is the question.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    UGH - I'm definitely going to have to see her in action but it doesn't look like she has even half of the passion that Jillian exudes.
    I don't get it !!!!!
  • JennMuc
    JennMuc Posts: 70
    Options
    I agree...I was also very bugged because all she talked about was her..."thank you for giving me this opportunity. This will be a great chance for me to work on my skills,..." etc....It's not about her, or Jillian, or Bob, it's about the contestants and how the trainers can help and motivate them.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am not uber impressed, either. I will miss Jillian terribly, but I will give the new trainer chance. I think everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves, don't you?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't get why they chose her...maybe she'll show us...my guess is maybe not! lol I think every trainer they use should be licensed which I doubt she is but IDK. I do know her voice irritated me in just the few minutes she was on last night!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    don't like the new replacement for Jillian either...she is not a trainer she is a sports figure who hires a trainer like Jillian.

ugh, what networks won't do for ratings and a pretty face.
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Yeah why not Cara or Brett....this show is getting ridiculous and predictable.

I wasn't surprised Rulon wasn't there either...he got kicked off the show and pretended he was leaving for personal reasons.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yeah why not Cara or Brett....this show is getting ridiculous and predictable.

I wasn't surprised Rulon wasn't there either...he got kicked off the show and pretended he was leaving for personal reasons.

I was wondering why Rulon didn't come back.... They didn't say one word about him. I thought he left for personal reasons (i missed that show ;(... ) So does anyone know why he didn't come back???
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    I read somewhere he was apparently breaking show rules.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think she can train she is disciplined and knows what she has to do. I'm sure of it, however it will never be the same without Jillian.

ditto to it will never be the same without Jillian. I'm not sure about their choice though.
  • MisterBeerBelly
    Options
    ugh, what networks won't do for ratings and a pretty face.

In the end, Jillian kind of grew on me. I think she is more attractive than Anna. Go figure.

But yeah, I can't see this working out. It's a slap at the fitness profession. :noway:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I find it funny how they announced her. A top ten tennis star or something like that, I think she hit 8 once, for like a week, back in 2000, she never won anything major. I think this is all a publicity grab. I also don't think her personality will translate to TV very well, I've seen her in interviews and her Russian demeanor is not really a charm. I'm not saying Russians aren't great people and can't be great trainers, I'm sure she could be a technically great trainer, you don't get to be a professional in a demanding sport (and make no mistake, tennis players are in excellent shape) without knowing your stuff fitness wise. But I have no idea whether she's ever had to deal with obese people in a regular joe situation or lifestyle, nor do I think any comments she makes will translate to the camera correctly (I work with many Russians, and sometimes patience is a virtue, their verbal queues are much different than American ones).

I could be completely wrong though, maybe she'll be great.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    my husband I both said that we may not be watching next season just because of this decision BL made.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give BL the benefit of the doubt and assume Brett & Cara are staying and they are adding the 4th trainer (Anna). Professional tennis players are in CRAZY shape, but I don't know that it translates into having the "spirit" needed to motivate and train morbidly obese people. I hope it works, but I definitely have my doubts.

Won't stop me from watching though ;)
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    But I have no idea whether she's ever had to deal with obese people in a regular joe situation or lifestyle, nor do I think any comments she makes will translate to the camera correctly (I work with many Russians, and sometimes patience is a virtue, their verbal queues are much different than American ones).

I could be completely wrong though, maybe she'll be great.
    [/quote]

I agree with the above...I am not sure she knows what she's in for. Why didn't they ever bring back Kym from a few seasons back? I liked Kym. She worked hard with the contestants and I had the feeling she really cared about them.