excess body hair!?

I'm a young girl and recently I have been getting so much tiny hairs all over my body. It really upsets me. I mean I've always been well rather hairy I guess but now its getting to the point it just upsets me so much. Its like across my tummy, navel and back. Even on my upper arms and around my nipples. What should I do about it? I don't want to shave it because it'll go dark:(

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    talk to your doc first then if its nothing medical causing it go to a spa for proper removal...trust me dont start removing it yourself before taking these steps it could be just hormonal
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Agree with above. Doc first to check hormone levels and if he's says all is well decide if you want hair removed permanently, temporarily, or just bleached.

Personally, I do a temporary/bleach combo approach. I never did permanent because I'm out in the sun often and I've read studies stating the laser treatments and other more permanent methods can make the skin in the area sensitive to the sun.

Best of luck!
    leslisa
  • stargirl85
    stargirl85 Posts: 50 Member
    How old are you.
    People of some ethnicities cant be hairier.
    Be live it or not nipple hair is not uncommon.
    But i definitely also advise you go to your doctor for hormone love checks or for a seen for pcos (a hormone condition that, by the way, can case excess weight).
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    I agree with the others, go to the doctor. But your fear of shaving because it will change the color of the hair is a myth. Shaving doesn't change the color or make the hair thicker.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Are you underweight? I have heard this is something that happens to people who hit a very low body fat percentage. In that case, it's to keep the person warm.
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    You said you were worried about it getting dark, is it clear now? Almost invisible? If it is, then that's normal, there is meant to be hair all over your body except on pretty much just your palms and lips. However, if it's dark, you need to go to the doctor.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    A growth of really fine hair all over the body can be a symptom of chronic under-eating or starvation. It's only one symptom but it's a telling one. The hair growth is the body's attempt to ensure it can stay warm since the body fat percentage is too low. Other symptoms could be the loss of a menstrual cycle, brittle hair and nails, and dry skin.

So, the big question is are you eating enough? Are you already thin but trying to get thinner? If not, there could be another explanation but this one is the most obvious cause. If it's not, it's worth talking to a doctor about other possible causes.
  • KwonJiYong69
    KwonJiYong69 Posts: 66 Member
    talk to your doc first then if its nothing medical causing it go to a spa for proper removal...trust me dont start removing it yourself before taking these steps it could be just hormonal
    I've had hormone checks before as part of my mental health asssemnt in 2012 and they came back normal. They wouldn't haven't changed in a year would they!? Think I'm just gross ha

• KwonJiYong69
    SueInAz wrote: »
    A growth of really fine hair all over the body can be a symptom of chronic under-eating or starvation. It's only one symptom but it's a telling one. The hair growth is the body's attempt to ensure it can stay warm since the body fat percentage is too low. Other symptoms could be the loss of a menstrual cycle, brittle hair and nails, and dry skin.

So, the big question is are you eating enough? Are you already thin but trying to get thinner? If not, there could be another explanation but this one is the most obvious cause. If it's not, it's worth talking to a doctor about other possible causes.
    Oh im not under weight my bmi is 21.5 and I'm really big. I am eating under the recommended but having this weight makes me feel like I have no control or anything and it disgusts me.

• KwonJiYong69
    You said you were worried about it getting dark, is it clear now? Almost invisible? If it is, then that's normal, there is meant to be hair all over your body except on pretty much just your palms and lips. However, if it's dark, you need to go to the doctor.
    It isn't dark where I've left it but I was really stupid and shaved around my belly button BIG MISTAKE. Really shouldn't have
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    If hormones are fine and your skin is light enough AND the hair is black, shavuing + Silkin Flash N Go is awesome.

Butttt... If you're Asian, something is seriously up.
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    It's been 3 years since your last check up. Check them again.