Weightloss slowing down:(

Options
when I first started loosing weight I was doin damn good I lost 25pounds in the first two months and now I've been at that last weight for a month been exercising and still watching what I eat what am I doing wrong!!!??? I've changed up my work outs as well!!!

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It slows down the closer you get to your target weight, you just don't have the same room to work with to have a deficit.
  • titanspen214
    titanspen214 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So what do I do to get goin again
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Well, first... What are your stats? Height, Start Weight, Current Weight Goal Weight... Calories per day..

It'd be easier to see a round picture.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? At what rate are you losing now? Are you logging everything accurately, including using a food scale? Are you eating back your exercise calories, and if so how much of those? How do you determine how much you burn during exercise?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    1.) Eat less.

2.) Exercise more. :)

You've lost about 100 calories in your basal metabolic rate alone. Plus, at the beginning, you lose more food and water weight.
  • nomad5326
    nomad5326 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    So what do I do to get goin again

What are you doing now? Most of us, if not all of us hit a plateau at some point and its common within the first two months to see significant gains/losses than to stagnate as your body recomps. Now, more than ever is when you need to pay attention and track whats going in (and what type) as well as what you are burning and building. Remember, muscle weighs too, so if your building some of that loss will be replaced with new muscle (not a bad thing).
  • Nixynix87
    Nixynix87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Plateau could be due to your body becoming used to your exercise routine too. It's important to mix up and increase your exercise types and intensity. Maybe try a circuit class to help with this or add some HIIT training to your routine. This continues to fire the metabolism hours after exercise.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Nixynix87 wrote: »
    Plateau could be due to your body becoming used to your exercise routine too. It's important to mix up and increase your exercise types and intensity. Maybe try a circuit class to help with this or add some HIIT training to your routine. This continues to fire the metabolism hours after exercise.

EPOC is greatly overstated in most cases and what most people do here doesn't qualify as HIIT.
  • malibu927
    Options
    Nixynix87 wrote: »

Your body doesn't get used to the same thing
  • pcrucifer
    pcrucifer Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Latest scientific wisdom is that sugar "out of context" can cause weight gain. Supposedly sugar in the context of fruits and such is fine, but sugar without natural fibers and proteins gets converted to fat by the liver. I do not want to spark the Sugar Debate, but it is something to try.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    when I first started loosing weight I was doin damn good I lost 25pounds in the first two months and now I've been at that last weight for a month been exercising and still watching what I eat what am I doing wrong!!!??? I've changed up my work outs as well!!!

Weight loss happens in the kitchen. You could eat less, exercise more or you could (if you aren't already) use a food scale to get a better idea of how much you are actually eating. You might think you are eating 1400 calories a day (or whatever your caloric goal is for the day) but without a food scale to weigh all your food & drinks you're actually just estimating how much your eating and it could be more than you realize.
  • malibu927
    Options
    pcrucifer wrote: »
    Latest scientific wisdom is that sugar "out of context" can cause weight gain. Supposedly sugar in the context of fruits and such is fine, but sugar without natural fibers and proteins gets converted to fat by the liver. I do not want to spark the Sugar Debate, but it is something to try.

How in the world would that happen if you're in a calorie deficit?
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Are you still losing? Then there is no problem. You have made WONDERFUL progress, don't discredit that because the loss has slowed. Also, 25 lbs in 2 months, once a body gets to a certain weight closer to your target weight, is not necessarily healthy for most people to maintain. Perhaps see a dietitian if it is bothering you that much and they can help determine a plan right for your body and needs.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    do you use a food scale?
    do you eat back 100% of exercise calories?
  • ndj1979
    Options

so you gain weight in a calorie deficit when you eat sugar?

please post said research.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

How in the world would that happen if you're in a calorie deficit?

because evil added sugar tumps science, math, and physics.
  • titanspen214
    titanspen214 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Found this great flow chart from Pu_239 it will address the issue.

3u8cgynj0cgk.png

Thanks