Weight loss stopped

Options
I know what everyone is going to say - the scales are not the only measuring stick. Yes I can definitely see a difference in my body shape so that should be enough.... shouldn't it?

I have changed my eating lifestyle for 2 years (and I say that because it needs to be a lifetime change not a diet) I have lost just under 2 stone - I was half a pound away from 2 stone when I went away on holiday and put on 3lb!!! I have been power walking now for 12 weeks - in april I walked 65km, May 110km and this month so far 53km and my weight has stayed the same for the last month despite being really good apart from the holiday week.

Does anyone know when my weight loss will kick in again, I love my walking (in fact I am addicted to it now) but I really want the scales to show some loss too.

Replies

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I've just looked at your food diary and you've not logged in the past week. Log your food weigh and measure everything within your goals and you'll lose weight. If you don't do that your just guessing about what you're eating.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're not mentioning your food intake...how is your calorie defecit?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Maybe you arent at deficit, but more like maintenance, so the answer will be never until you resume being at deficit. If you are at deficit then you just need to be patient. If you do the basic things correctly, then you will be effective.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Stop eating more than you are burning.
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am on the slimming world plan and when I was logging what I was eating on here to see what deficit I was at I was always at least 500 deficit plus exercise which is generally around 500- 700 calories. I stopped logging on here because I realised that by following the slimming world plan I was always at a deficit anyway
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I am on the slimming world plan and when I was logging what I was eating on here to see what deficit I was at I was always at least 500 deficit plus exercise which is generally around 500- 700 calories. I stopped logging on here because I realised that by following the slimming world plan I was always at a deficit anyway
    Apparently not.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    I've just looked at your food diary and you've not logged in the past week. Log your food weigh and measure everything within your goals and you'll lose weight. If you don't do that your just guessing about what you're eating.

This
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Isn't this diet the one that allows you to eat an unlimited quantity of meat, fish, pasta, potatoes, rice, eggs, fruits, and veggies?

NO food has zero calories. Pasta has 200 calories per serving. And let me tell you that the serving isn't very large so it is very easy to overeat.

You aren't losing weight because this so-called diet is a joke and leads people to believe they can eat as much as they want and still lose weight. That's wrong.

Start logging consistently and weighing your food with a food scale. And most importantly STOP following this diet.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options

There's your answer why your weight has stayed the same for the last month. Invest in an inexpensive digital food scale and weigh all of your solids, use cups and tablespoons for caloric liquids only and start logging everything again. That should get the scale moving downward for you again.
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    June 2016 and guess what! I still haven't lost anymore weight so I am giving up slimming world and starting to calorie count as of last Saturday