Waist Trainers????

Options
2»

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Anyway, I've been curious as to how well it would work as a kind of temporary, non-surgical lapband. You CAN actually eat in it just fine--you just don't want to. So it might help people who feel hungry all the time while dieting at 14,00-16,000 cals adjust to it.

I just updated my profile photo cuz that's easy from the app. ;) That's about a 5" reduction there--and I don't waist-train. I just took my "fat" corset out yesterday to see if I could lace it closed after my recent weight loss since it laces at my old "big" waist size. I could run as far in that as I could without...which is, sadly, not far at all.

(I think I'm extra squishy because of babies and being terribly out of shape, though.)

• MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think she expected the corset to make her lightheaded and so she was hyperventilating, which will make anyone faint. Silly girl. There are Spanx that will come close to that reduction.

Not only was tennis played in corset, COMPETITIVE tennis was played in corsets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Cooper_(tennis)

:)

If you're a woman of a certain size, modern bras can cause nerve damage in the hands. Most of that size women find "stays"-style corsets (not for waist reduction but for transferring the weight of the chest onto the hips) far more comfortable. Those who say "it can't be good for pregnancy!" haven't seen this:

http://www.hightidehealth.com/best-prenatal-cradle.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=63468805807&gclid=Cj0KEQjwzPSrBRC_oOXfxPWP6t0BEiQARqav2Ocn4CWX1U0a876EbOjNRPleykeVhqzhb9r8CCzyrP0aAt8J8P8HAQ

Not going into full details as to why someone might need this if you don't know, but pregnancy corsets were meant to support below and above, not compress.

In addition, if your stomach muscles separate during pregnancy, one of the more effective ways to help them recover is to use this:

http://www.nataliejillfitness.com/diastasis-recti-abdominal-separation/

I had to wear something like that for a while after the last baby. My stomach felt like it was ON FIRE without it--it was getting worse, tearing more. :( Part of the reason why there was no "bounce back".

So it's not that everyone should be wearing corsets. But they're hardly evil. :P High heels are way, way, WAY more damaging to the body, but because those are normal, no one thinks anything of them.
  • 4rtistry
    4rtistry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So it's not that everyone should be wearing corsets. But they're hardly evil.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I have both a cincher and an overbust that I love, but my main purpose for them is keeping my posture correct when I'm on the computer for long periods. As much as I love the idea of lacing my waist down by an inch or two, the thought of wearing a corset every waking moment for months on end is just too much for me.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Looks like you have to click through to my profile to see my other photo. Dunno why it doesn't update. :P
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This thread is lolz. No just no on corsets. They look ridiculous. I laugh every time I see someone wearing one at the gym.