Favorite Kitchen tools/appliances that keep you eating healthy

Options

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Definitely a decent knife I keep honed. For years I worked with a wooden block full of dull knives without realizing how bad they were. Never again; meal prep is so quick with a sharp knife!
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My food scale. Hands down.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love my food processor. I actually have two, a mini food processor, and a full sized one with a couple different blades, I've named them Mr. Choppy and Big Papa Chop, respectively. The mini one I use all the time, and has become my preferred method for chopping onions. Also great for making small batches of sauces (I did a roasted red pepper based sauce the other night to go with pork chops and it was superb). Big Papa Chop (11 cup Cuisinart) sees a lot less action, but boy, does it come in handy! I use the slicing blade a lot for prepping for stir fries, and the grating blade for shredding cheese or veggies for slaws.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    A good food processor is next on my list. Id like to make more healthy sauces
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Food scale, plates/bowls & cutlery.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    1) food scale.
    2) Ninja blender
    3) realllllly great non-stick frying pan. I can fry an egg with no additives.
  • MsJoisey
    MsJoisey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1) Food scale
    2). Tupperware bought over the years that allows me to freeze meals so I have something healthy to eat handy....
    3) Immersion blender
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    My dil....oh, sorry. All I saw was favorite tool. I feel sheepish. :flushed:
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love my veggie noodler thingy <--- technical name of course! It's the handheld kind not the Paderno one that sits out on the counter. My little handheld makes amazing long strings of squash! Makes me so happy lol
  • artsbysimon
    artsbysimon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Blender and my grill two things that help with my weight loss
  • brownsdown
    brownsdown Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Food scale
    My food scale
    And a close third, the food scale
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Non-stick skillet, George Forman Griller, ceramic knives, food processor, Vitamix, KitchenAids, shot glasses, frozen glasses. These are a few of my favorite things!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Vune wrote: »
    A sharp knife. I use that more than anything.

I second this - you can do anything with a sharp knife. My fave is a double bladed mezzaluna - perfect for my fresh herbs.

• Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1. Vitamix
    2. Food scale ( digital and has liquid/dry ingredient options) measuring cups and spoons
    3. Chefs knife -veggie prep!
    4. InstaPot
    5. The Weber
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My Blendtec blender and a food scale
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I love our champion juicer. We rarely use it for juice anymore, but you can put the 'blank' on and feed frozen bananas or fruit through the top to make 'ice cream' which we eat all the time. Also, a good sharp knife, cast iron skillets, my very simple citrus juicer and my slow cooker (I love to slow cook meats them keep them in the fridge to shred over salads, into stir fries, etc).
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My food scale, measuring cups+spoons, and Tupperware+baggies. I can prep all my work meals with primarily these tools to keep myself on plan all week.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    my 8 in 1 cooker. i use it for rice, porridge, steaming veggies, make stews etc
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Favorite kitchen tools..in no particular order.

1) digital food scale
    2) Good knives
    3) Measuring spoons/cups
    4) Good rubber spatulas
    5) Cast iron pans

Also a large assortment of herbs and spices and a fresh herb garden out back.