counting macros. can someone please help.

Options
I always come very close to my protein goals, I'm usually over a couple points on my fat goals, but waaaaaaay under on my carb goals. What should I do? :#

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    eat more carbs....
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    nickie1935 wrote: »
    I always come very close to my protein goals, I'm usually over a couple points on my fat goals, but waaaaaaay under on my carb goals. What should I do? :#

Keep going!
    Be happy!
  • sealensfit
    sealensfit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling satisfied and full at the end of the day, carbs are extra - you don't NEED to finish them if you don't want to! I personally LOVE carbs and never have any left over at the end of the day, so if you're satisfied with the food you're eating and aren't feeling exhausted or anything, just leave it be. :smile:
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling satisfied and full at the end of the day, carbs are extra - you don't NEED to finish them if you don't want to! I personally LOVE carbs and never have any left over at the end of the day, so if you're satisfied with the food you're eating and aren't feeling exhausted or anything, just leave it be. :smile:

The bit I highlighted, is completely relative to someones goals and physical activities...

OP eat more carbs; rice, potatoes, noodles, pasta, bread etc if you're having a hard time hitting your required amount.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    eat more carbs....

:laugh:
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    As long you are mostly meeting your calorie goal, why not change your macro goals? There's nothing wrong with a higher fat and protein goal and lower carb goal. I customized my goals to 35/40/25 c/f/p. I don't worry if I'm over or under on carbs or fat, but do try to meet protein.
  • Pooh973
    Pooh973 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I find myself going over on fat almost daily. My diet appears to be a third of each f/c/p, but I'm staying within my calorie goals. Should I up my protein intake?
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Carbs (as a macro goal) is non essential. What makes you think that you are under?
  • vgrezzy
    vgrezzy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    double check and make sure your macros are for sure how they should be. eat more starchy vegetables, rice, pasta, etc. especially if you're really active
  • nickie1935
    nickie1935 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    vgrezzy wrote: »
    double check and make sure your macros are for sure how they should be. eat more starchy vegetables, rice, pasta, etc. especially if you're really active
    thanks I will try that.

• nickie1935
    Options
    thanks.

• nickie1935
    edited June 2015
    Options
    weird_me2 wrote: »
    As long you are mostly meeting your calorie goal, why not change your macro goals? There's nothing wrong with a higher fat and protein goal and lower carb goal. I customized my goals to 35/40/25 c/f/p. I don't worry if I'm over or under on carbs or fat, but do try to meet protein.
    I set my goals to 25/25/50 c/p/f . I barely make protein and Never hit carbs. I don't hit my calories either. But I'm not hungry.
  • nickie1935
    Options
    Pooh973 wrote: »
    I find myself going over on fat almost daily. My diet appears to be a third of each f/c/p, but I'm staying within my calorie goals. Should I up my protein intake?
    I increased my protein intake just last week, so far I've noticed that I'm not hungry as much. My meals have gotten a lot smaller
  • nickie1935
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Carbs (as a macro goal) is non essential. What makes you think that you are under?
    this app says that I should be getting 220g per day. I barely get 100

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Celebrate ?

• sixxpoint
    Options

Do not rely on "the app" to tell you what to eat. Do some research and learn what is appropriate.
  • nickie1935
    Options

Do not rely on "the app" to tell you what to eat. Do some research and learn what is appropriate.
    I'm eating clean. Once I cut out pop from my diet my carbs went down. I mean I used to drink pop and juice all day, no water now that is reversed.

• nickie1935
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

Celebrate ?
    lol! Will do

• sixxpoint
    edited June 2015
    Options

I'm eating clean. Once I cut out pop from my diet my carbs went down. I mean I used to drink pop and juice all day, no water now that is reversed.

Be careful with the phrase, "eating clean". It does not mean what you think.

All human beings should be eating whole food from nature. Eating clean is a given in that regard. The most you can do in today's world is limit processed food within 10% or less of your caloric allotment. Such a goal is rather easy if you know anything about proper nutrition.

Nevertheless, that is not eating clean... That is eating normal.
  • nickie1935
    Options

OK. What I meant to say is I am a healthy eater.

Be careful with the phrase, "eating clean". It does not mean what you think.

All human beings should be eating whole food from nature. Eating clean is a given in that regard. The most you can do in today's world is limit processed food within 10% or less of your caloric allotment. Such a goal is rather easy if you know anything about proper nutrition.

Nevertheless, that is not eating clean... That is eating normal.