lunchtime workout question

Options
kbwilson76
kbwilson76 Posts: 22 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
How are people able to workout during their lunchtime?

I only have one hour for lunch, and it takes 10-15 minutes to get there and change in and out of gym clothes. That only leave about 45min to get a workout in.

Is it a mini workout where nobody sweats (which for me defeats the purpose), or is there a magical shower that makes you pretty and refreshing?

I see people (even at work) and they don't look like they actually worked out.

Is the lunchtime workout more for people trying to maintain their weight and just leave the ones trying to lose the weight for after work?

I should mention that I despise putting my work clothes back on, and I keep my gym clothes on till I get home and use the 2 mile walk home as an extra part of my workout.

Replies

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on what you're doing and your goals. I work at a place with an on site fitness facility. Alot of people seem to have time for a quick workout and shower. That seems to work best for some of the men in my office who don't need to redo makeup and hair. Most people at lunch are lifting (where I work at least). They're also doing quite a bit of socializing too ; ). I prefer to lift at my gym so my lunch sessions are usually a walk or some slower cycling. Nothing to get the sweat pouring off me, but it's a nice break in the day and I like the little extra activity. It's an add on to my normal workouts for me.
  • natlierees
    natlierees Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We have a flexible work policy where I can come in earlier and finish later, some days I work 12 hours and can take toil. Can you request flexible working for well-being it's good to have healthy fit employees they take less sick leave. I do 3/4 classes a week 2 spin classes, Legs bums and tums and a Zumba class I shower it takes 7 minutes to walk to the gym

Nat
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I know the feels, except I have a 30min lunch and no gym near me [though I have a membership to one closer to my house]. Our work provides a locker room for showers, though. Colorado, so many managers go out biking or jogging during lunch.