Such thing as exciting Breakfast food?

Options
Something I could make at home that wouldn't make me dread eating breakfast? Easy breakfasts that don't involve something too simple like toast and coffee, nor do I like eggs.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Pancakes? You could pre-mix your batter and save it in the fridge?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to; lots of people just aren't hungry in the mornings.

That being said, I am not one of them.

My breakfast staples are:
    • [Greek] yogurt with granola
    • bagel with cream cheese
    • cereal with milk
    • waffles (we make in bulk and freeze)

I like to mix it up so that I don't get bored.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat any food you like.
    I like eating dinner leftovers for breakfast sometimes. I love soup for breakfast.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Black bean and avocado roll up.

5lfc49yc3py5.jpeg
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat when you get up, don't! Don't restrict yourself to breakfast foods if you do eat... Eat what you like!
  • ccw430
    ccw430 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal!

I don't really like eggs either, but I love omlettes! I make my omelettes using last night's leftovers (fish, meat, vegetables, whatever) and I always add spinach and salsa. I use one egg mixed with milk, which goes a long way.

I love OatFit instant oatmeals. So many flavors like Apple Cinnamon, Cinnamon Roll, Maple and Brown Sugar make choosing fun.

Fruit and yogurt is delicious, light, and easy. I love blueberries and raspberries.

I always have decaf green tea with breakfast, plus flax milk.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt with fruit and muesli/nuts
    Pancakes
    French toast (prep the soaking mix, dip and fry in the morning)
    (Overnight) oatmeal
    Baked oats
    Smoothies
  • laurekadrid
    laurekadrid Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I freaking LOVE toasting a bagel in butter on the cast iron! Sounds unhealthy, but you really use half the butter (one pat takes care of both sides versus a pat per side out of the toaster, and a whole grain bagel gives you good carbs to fuel your morning! :D
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I had leftover meatloaf for breakfast the other morning. Not normally a breakfast eater though. I just eat what I like.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't like breakfast type foods unless I'm eating them for dinner. Usually I eat some sort of quesadilla (my quesadillas maker is the most used gadget in the kitchen) when I do eat in the morning.
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats topped with berries & chopped nuts!
  • Hannah220190
    Hannah220190 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What about a green smoothie? You could put a scoop of protein powder in it to make it balanced.
  • dbomb76
    dbomb76 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1 serving of plain oatmeal
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Ginger

Tastes like rice pudding. Make a bunch and put it in some individual sized containers for the week.
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What about breakfast muffins? There are loads of recipes about. (Made with things like oats and fruit) Or breakfast egg muffins - sort of like mini crustless quiches.
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I love watching Youtube on my laptop. I will Youtube search- breakfast ideas. Or, healthy breakfast ideas. You'll be amazed at how many quick videos will pop up with tons of ideas. Give that a try.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Perfectly fine to not have breakfast right away. Many people function well without food, even when doing AM workout. I work out on an empty stomach but then I'm starving, sooooo...
    I make chia yogurt the night before, scoop it out and add a tablespoon or more and mix, nice with barriers.
    Or, I'll do a veggie scramble with 1 egg, I know you said no eggs, but you could throw in some shredded potato instead to make it more breakfast ish. Probably only need 50 to 75 calories of red or russet to make it taste good.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Break free of the mentality that a. you HAVE to eat in the morning and b. if you do like eating in the morning, that is HAS to be a 'breakfast' type food.

Meal timing is a preference thing and nothing more. If you do like eating in the morning then sure, go for it. But you can eat whatever you want, as long as it fits into your calorie goals. Back when I ate in the morning (now I start eating at noon every day), I'd frequently have leftovers from supper the night before, or I'd make a can of soup, have a sandwich etc etc. There's nothing magical about having a bowl of cereal or a bagel in the morning :p
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    this morning for breakfast i had some curried red lentils topped with a poached egg and some greek yogurt and cilantro with wilted greens and sliced tomatoes on the side.

you can eat anything you want for breakfast...there's not any rules about it or anything like that.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Bacon.