Only lost 3lbs in 2 weeks NOT GOOD!!!!

Options

Replies

• sleonardbranson
    Options
    Be proud of what you lost so far, 3 lbs in two weeks is really good!! Be happy you are losing something, hang in there, your doing an amazing job:) Keep doing what your doing:)
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    3lbs in two weeks is great!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    That's not a slow start. It's actually a lot better than many people do. There's really no need for "detox"ing, just keep eating healthy and be patient.

I agree!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing my first week and 2 pounds the second...so you are ahead of me. As everyone said, you are doing fine. If you want to run a race, you will lose more than pounds in the long run. Ask me how I know. :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    That's actually better than my start and I'm still here keeping on. I'd rather lose it slow and keep it off then lose it and gain it back like in the past.
  • tennlf
    tennlf Posts: 2
    Options
    My advice is to stick with it! You're doing a great job!
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 3 lbs in 2 months.... but I've lost over 10 inches, so I'm all good.

Some people just lose slower. No biggie, it will happen!
  • Abbygrlbff
    Abbygrlbff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is actually great!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Since the healthy rate of loss is 1-2 pounds a week, I would say 3 pounds in two weeks is really good. This isn't the Biggest Loser here, relax and keep going. It took me about 2 years to lose 60 pounds. I thought I would be maintaining a 100 pound loss by now but 60 is better than nothing!
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    You are right, 3 lbs in 2 weeks is not good, it is GREAT.. Keep up the good work. Sounds like you are doing everything right.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in 2 weeks, that's great! Congratulations!
  • Golson5920
    Golson5920 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a slow start, in the beginning also. I keep at it though, I am where I need to be now.
    I was doing a lot of cardio, for example I was doing an hour for 5 - 6 days a week. was not seeing much results. Then along the way added in weights - and build up muscles. When I added in the weights and started watching my calorie intake, the pounds started coming off mostly inches. It was fat I needed to burn more than anything.

Good Luck and dont give up.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You are actually doing really well! 1.5lb/week is great and healthy! Keep it up because those weeks add up :) You got this!!!:bigsmile:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Two words: bite me.

lol

Seriously though-1.5 pounds a week is great. I can't even hit .5 a week.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    That's actually very good.... I didn't really lose anything the first couple of weeks. Now I'm losing 1-1.5 pounds a week and couldn't be more thrilled lol.
  • RoseAsRose
    Options
    I have been at this for 37 months and from the beginning it was never about how fast I can lose the weight... 1 to 2 lbs. a week will result in a long term sustainable weight loss.. Your doing great!! Just keep on doing what you are doing... Best of Luck...

This is really inspiring. Just being patient and sticking with it. Wow! awesomeness. Its so cool that you've sustained motivation for the long haul.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! I lose about a pound a month and am thrilled. You don't want to lose any faster --- it's not good. Also, studies show that those who lose weight slower tend to keep it off. Those who take it off fast gain it all back plus more. Remember, you didn't put it on fast. You put it on over what I'm guessing was a long period of time. Why should you expect to take it off quickly?
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    *Claps* This is GREAT! you're doing GREAT! 1-2 lbs a week is HEALTHY, you don't want to go losing 5 lbs a week, that's not so healthy. I usually average 1-2 lbs, sometimes nothing sometimes a small gain (which is more often than not water weight). So don't fret! You're doing just fine, keep up with what you're doing, no need to make any changes I think.
    Good luck!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    That's actually very good.... I didn't really lose anything the first couple of weeks. Now I'm losing 1-1.5 pounds a week and couldn't be more thrilled lol.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Mon 08/06/12 09:55 AMIm 31 5'1 and have been doing MFP for 2 week... I have been working out and every morning either to Turbo Jam or 30 day Shred. My first week I lost 2lbs that was great .... My 2nd week I lost 1lb I am very disappointed. So this week I am going to do a 7 day detox of fruit veggies and lean meet. Has anyone else got a slow start... I need to see lbs off and numbers dropping on the scale. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any advice? HELP!!!!!!! :explode: :mad: :sad:

Diet is for fat loss.
    Exercise is for heart health and potentially weight loss (may not be fat though), and it may or may not make fat loss easier.

So you increase exercise like this so far above and beyond what you were doing before - expect improvements from your body that have nothing to do with weight loss. Perhaps fat loss, but you may not see it on the scale with other improvements that cause weight increase.