Replies

• raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    That's 72lbs in a year!
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's not a slow start. It's actually a lot better than many people do. There's really no need for "detox"ing, just keep eating healthy and be patient.

^^^ Exactly this!!

That's a great start. Patience and persistence will get you there!
    Impatience will only cause you to make unhealthy decisions!
    Stick with it and trust in the process. It is not rocket science.
    Eat well. Exercise. You will lose the weight. <3<3<3
  • sedatsedat
    Options
    Maybe you have to down your calorie levels a bit, or just exercise a little bit more. No worries though, that happens to everyone! Just don`t give up, you`ll start seeing the numbers drop :)
    Its better to lose a pound a month than to gain one.
  • Kess31
    Kess31 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am going to take everyone advice and let go of the scale and be patient... I will continue to workout 5 days a week because I know I am getting healthy and in shape... I just expected much more... Thanks everyone for your advice...
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I don't see that as a bad thing. I would be happy with a consistent loss like that!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    1-2 lbs a week is good and normal. be happy about it. I have been doing it 6 weeks now, and have lost 10 lbs, and i'm happy with that. u are more likely to keep it off if u lose at this rate
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That is actually very good...it is a hard long slow process. You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Mon 08/06/12 09:55 AMIm 31 5'1 and have been doing MFP for 2 week... I have been working out and every morning either to Turbo Jam or 30 day Shred. My first week I lost 2lbs that was great .... My 2nd week I lost 1lb I am very disappointed. So this week I am going to do a 7 day detox of fruit veggies and lean meet. Has anyone else got a slow start... I need to see lbs off and numbers dropping on the scale. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any advice? HELP!!!!!!! :explode: :mad: :sad:

That's actually on the fast side of healthy weight loss. Keep up the good work and it will keep working :smile:
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    1.5 pounds a week is perfectly normal.
  • KayceRN
    KayceRN Posts: 40
    Options
    The recommended healthy rate of weight loss is 1-1.5 pounds per week.... You're doing great !!! :bigsmile:
  • CHEVYGYRL27
    Options
    I been doing this a month tomorrow and I only lost two pounds...dont get discouraged because it usually starts slow and speeds up. Just keep doing what your doing. I think your doing well!!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    if i could consistently lose 1lb a week i'd be bloody happy! the weight doesn't magically fall off, i've been at this since january and have only lost 17lbs, some peoples bodies are different, i find it more difficult unfortunately ! but i'm giving myself smalls goals and i'm hitting them so i'm happy with that, 3lbs a month is normal for me right now but its mostly the misfortune i've had lately thats made it harder :(
  • bakz4
    bakz4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 22 in 4 months, a far cry from the 2 lbs per week as I set as my goal. And, I too get frustrated when the scale doesn't budge, even when I've kept within my calorie range and have been exercising (for me, it's walking or bike riding)...BUT, I remain firm and consistent because I know it didn't pack on quickly so it's not going to come off quickly. Remain consistent, keep working, and don't give up. Log EVERYthing that goes into your mouth. It all adds up quickly!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I spent 2 MONTHS gaining and losing the same 3 lbs. I would love to start losing 1.5lbs a week again....
  • fmorrow3
    Options
    I only lost a pound a week when I first started too. Then I started having 3 pound loss weeks. You just need to give your body time to adjust. Right now you are building more muscle and you might see a little weight gain even. But here in a week or so that muscle will start burning some serious fat! Keep at it!!!
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Realize that this journey is 85% food and 15% working out. Making sure you record everything you eat, his your macros, and get your water in is sooo important. And it's going to be a long slow process but I can promise you they are worth it!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    That is a healthy rate of weight loss.

Agreed. The normal number for healthy weight loss per week is two pounds. Key word being HEALTHY.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    actually .5-1lb is a very good weight loss rate.
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    3lbs in 2 weeks IS VERY good! I know it's frustrating because we want to lose weight quickly, but it's better to lose it slowly and an average of 1.5lbs per week is fantastic!

It also sounds like you're gaining muscle so the weight loss might be showing more quickly in your inch measurements and less quickly on the scales.

I would focus on eating healthily and steadily if I were you.

Well done again! :)

I agree...don't get discouraged...2 pounds is terrific and most likely you are gaining muscle...keep up the great work!!