Only lost 3lbs in 2 weeks NOT GOOD!!!!

Options
Mon 08/06/12 09:55 AMIm 31 5'1 and have been doing MFP for 2 week... I have been working out and every morning either to Turbo Jam or 30 day Shred. My first week I lost 2lbs that was great .... My 2nd week I lost 1lb I am very disappointed. So this week I am going to do a 7 day detox of fruit veggies and lean meet. Has anyone else got a slow start... I need to see lbs off and numbers dropping on the scale. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any advice? HELP!!!!!!! :explode: :mad: :sad:

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    That's not a slow start. It's actually a lot better than many people do. There's really no need for "detox"ing, just keep eating healthy and be patient.
  • Tors1984
    Tors1984 Posts: 25
    Options
    3lbs in 2 weeks IS VERY good! I know it's frustrating because we want to lose weight quickly, but it's better to lose it slowly and an average of 1.5lbs per week is fantastic!

It also sounds like you're gaining muscle so the weight loss might be showing more quickly in your inch measurements and less quickly on the scales.

I would focus on eating healthily and steadily if I were you.

Well done again! :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That is a healthy rate of weight loss.
  • warpedlogic
    Options
    Here's what I've been told about weight loss on a given week:

If you lost 1 lb, you're doing everything right. 1.5lbs, thats great and 2+lbs is fantastic. The way I see it, 1.5 lb loss on average over 2 weeks is pretty good. Keep doing what you have been and don't get discouraged. Good luck!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You're doing fine.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    That's not slow - it's what you've got to expect. A pound a week is 3500 calories (at least) less than you used to eat. That's a lot of food (2 days worth for me).

It's hard that you feel those first few weeks like you're killing yourself and scale seems to barely move. But it's four pounds a month and 12 pounds over the summer and 52 pounds over a year.

Be patient with yourself. You're doing good! And that exercise is going to make you feel even better.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    That's not a slow start. It's actually a lot better than many people do. There's really no need for "detox"ing, just keep eating healthy and be patient.
    Yup. I've only lost like 3 lbs in the last 8-9 weeks and I'm perfectly ok with it. This isn't a race, have patience.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    herp derp not a single mention of your actual diet, TDEE, macros etc
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    That's a pound and a half each week...a wonderful, steady pace!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for 37 months and from the beginning it was never about how fast I can lose the weight... 1 to 2 lbs. a week will result in a long term sustainable weight loss.. Your doing great!! Just keep on doing what you are doing... Best of Luck...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

This is what I was going to say. Think of this as a lifestyle change and not a diet. It takes time to do things the healthy way. Be patient and it will come to you.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options

This is so true! The weight didn't come on overnight and it's not going to disappear overnight. It took me six months to lose 30 pounds, and based on another thread I read, that is about average. Slow and steady wins the race. Also, remember that trying to lose weight too fast is a sure-fire way to gain it back quickly. You will be losing water weight and muscle along with the fat, so the water will come back, and the metabolism will slow down. Once you start eating 'normally' again, the weight will come right back. Instead of trying to rush things, make a long term plan to keep the weight off. Do things now that you will be able to continue to do in the future.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Just chiming in to completely agree with everyone else that you're doing fine - just keep it up and stay positive!
  • kpace3
    kpace3 Posts: 8
    Options
    Be proud of yourself! You are doing everything right it seems! Eating healthy & working out every day is working for you. As one said earlier, it's most likely muscle replacing fat. Have you tried on a pair of jeans or something that was snug before? As hard as it is, just keep doing what you're doing. Don't focus on what numbers are on the scale aside from tracking purposes. Use the workout time as a jam session or "me time" to think of your goals in life. If we focus on one part, we often lose the whole. You're doing great, keep it up!!!
  • Kess31
    Kess31 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.... My Diet has been good... I do need to include alot more veggies and water but I have been going hard on the work outs... Thank you all again I have to remember that its about a life style change and not about just dropping the lbs asap.... I feel more better... The Detox is to help me with eating Fruits, Veggies and Lean Meat....

Thank you all again Im going to stay focused and patient... :happy:
  • Kess31
    Kess31 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes My jeans have been a little loser in the stomach and leg area... I just get so fixed on lbs.. I forget about inches
  • amyksmith67
    Options
    I am losing really slowly too! I joined a gym 6 weeks ago and have been dieting. I just joined this site last week. So far I'm only down 5 pounds and am working my BUTT off! I am 44 so I guess the age thing has something to do with it. Keep up the good work and try not to get discouraged! That's my plan!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I think it is because you went all out... exercising a lot and dieting. Working gives false weight gain for a while... so that is it. If you've lost 3..that's great. Keep going. I am losing so slow..but I look thinner and my tight shorts are no longer tight. So..instead of getting discouraged..I just tell myself..Move forward and keep with it.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    3 lbs in 2 weeks is great! Having a crash-diet-lose-it-fast mentality is a guarantee of eventual failure. Take it slow, easy, and most of all HEALTHY. Keep it up!
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Three pounds in 2 weeks is great. Remember along with your exercising comes muscle toning and muscle weighs more than fat! Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine.