Beginning JJVirgin elimination diet today..

Options
2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    draznyth wrote: »
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    OP - before you spend on money on ole JJ's products..

here is my suggestion to you:

enter your stats into MFP and set for one pound per week loss
    eat to the number that MFP gives you
    log everything you eat
    get a food scale and weight all solid foods and as many liquids as possible
    find a form of exercise that you like (not necessary) and do it
    don't by into all this BS about good and bad foods, there are no good and bad foods there is just food that you use for energy and nutrients. Make sure you are getting the majority of foods from nutrient dense source,but eating ice cream, cookies, etc is OK.
    make sure you hit macros/micros

repeat until you get desired results..

oh, and most of this is free.

Yes. Wish people would get a note like this when they come on this site.

lol we could use that as the new community guidelines

strong improvement

i type that so many times I should really just have a word document where I can just cut and paste it from …

I honestly do have a document where I keep a lot of the advice I use over and over again for the boards. Saves time.
  • indyjune
    indyjune Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Guess this sums up your feelings. And you should write that book. Seems I need enlightened. (Tho I didn't buy anything, borrowed book from my sis who has gluten and egg intolerances and found this helpful.)
    So. Instead of this, what do you recommend?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    indyjune wrote: »
    Guess this sums up your feelings. And you should write that book. Seems I need enlightened. (Tho I didn't buy anything, borrowed book from my sis who has gluten and egg intolerances and found this helpful.)

Are you reading your own post OP?

log everything you eat
    don't by into all this BS about good and bad foods, there are no good and bad foods there is just food that you use for energy and nutrients. Make sure you are getting the majority of foods from nutrient dense source,but eating ice cream, cookies, etc is OK.

THIS!!!!! wow....unreal.....
  • stef156
    stef156 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I actually do have soy, wheat, egg, and dairy allergies among many others :( Does anyone have any suggestions of somewhere reputable to find food ideas that eliminate these?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

log everything you eat

^^This is what I recommend. Worked for me.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

log everything you eat

^ do this
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

log everything you eat

This. So this.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    In for the obligatory @ndj1979 requote :bigsmile:

log everything you eat

@stef156 perhaps start your own thread with that in the title ?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

Honestly just do MFP as suggested above. Look at reasons why you havent been able to lose in the past and maybe check your plan with some of the successful dieters, so they can advise you on straregies to avoid previous mistakes and assess whether what you are doing is healthy and sustainable. You dont need a special diet, except one that suits you and that you cna live with. As long as you are at a consistent deficit then you will lose over time.
  • stef156
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I did trying to find breakfast suggestions and got told just eat whatever I like even if it's not a breakfast food.

• rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

log everything you eat

THIS, it is so straight forward but people insist on making it difficult, probably to make a buck
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    stef156 wrote: »

I did trying to find breakfast suggestions and got told just eat whatever I like even if it's not a breakfast food.

Yep, that's the beauty of this whole thing-you don't have to cut out the foods you like, you don't have to feel guilt when you eat those foods, and you don't have to box yourself in with 'special' food lists that are restrictive and full of things that aren't appealing to you. Just eat what you like, focusing on fitting them into your calorie goals. Simple as that :)
  • stef156
    Options
    stef156 wrote: »

Yep, that's the beauty of this whole thing-you don't have to cut out the foods you like, you don't have to feel guilt when you eat those foods, and you don't have to box yourself in with 'special' food lists that are restrictive and full of things that aren't appealing to you. Just eat what you like, focusing on fitting them into your calorie goals. Simple as that :)
    But I sort of do. I'm ALLERGIC to wheat, dairy, soy, etc. I've had to cut out foods I love and I'm trying to find ideas of "allergen free" foods to add because I'm tired of chicken breasts and veggies. So tired of them I want to cry at the thought of one more bland chicken meal or salad (with no dressing) and that's when I end up eating a whole bag of chips because chips are one of the few safe and easy foods I can eat. I'm new at this "diet" so my food list of foods that won't try and kill me is not very big and I hate it. That's why I asked for ideas but I see this is not the place to ask for help. Everyone is skewering JJ as whooey so I thought maybe then someone might have an idea of where else one might look for legit allergen free food ideas. Guess not huh?
  • indyjune
    indyjune Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Stef156
    I originally posted here about JJVirgin diet plan. The thread it elicited was a tough crowd at times, due to the delay in my response posting. And there was some good advice here, too. But I think you are reaching to JJVirgin diet plan for the same reasons as my sis. She has multiple food allergies-egg, dairy, esp. Gluten, soy, etc- and has found relief in good advice from docs in integrative med field. The protein powder by JJV worked well for her multiple allergies, tho the plan itself is restrictive, as Whole30 plan, as they help you sort out food allergies; but you already know these allergies in yourself? You sound as if you're trying to cope with all the restrictions and are looking to community for support as well as meal suggestions, recipes. I'd say you could ask on MFP- with well considered wording- as there seem to be many helpful people willing to reach out.
    My sis has much she could share with you, mostly that it is doable and can be a pleasure to eat again. Hang in there!