What is your favorite protein powder and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Every single protein powder mentioned so far sucks in terms of flavor aside from @PeachyCarol 's PES Select choice, which is great.

XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 is the best protein powder I've ever tasted. Blends taste the best to me. They also have a much better texture. Pure whey can be too thin & grainy. Pure casein can be too thick & creamy.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    ON Gold standard whey protein

I buy the big 3.5 or so pound jug off Amazon

It is the stuff I put in a zip lock bag when running late and can't pack a full lunch or breakfast

Not bad tasting

I tried Isopure and OMG it was just horrid, gave it away to a friend at the gym that loved it... I always knew that girl had something wrong with her...

lol yes I have only heard about Isopure myself, never tried it. but sounds like I won't be trying it

although let's be honest ON does have some pretty nasty flavors too

I tried the french vanilla and it tasted like drinking a cup full of coffee creamer

still finished the jug anyway...
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Every single protein powder mentioned so far sucks in terms of flavor aside from @PeachyCarol 's PES Select choice.

XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 is the best protein powder I've ever tasted. Blends taste the best to me. They also have a much better texture. Pure whey can be too thin & grainy. Pure casein can be too thick & creamy.

idk brother mix the ON GS Natural vanilla in water and it has almost no taste. which is what I'm usually going for lol

but I just tried the Dymatize cinnamon bun flavor 100% casein this week and uhh that *kitten* is BANGIN
  • goodc0re
    goodc0re Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to think ON (Optimum Nutrition) was the best tasting whey protein,
    until I tried the German brand ESN!
    The taste is unbelievable, not artificial, not too sweet, perfect, and that is not just for their chocolate flavour, even somthing like lemon cheesecake flavour is really amazing, creamy, and I only use it with water!
    I am using the ESN ISO-WHEY HARDCORE, its a good isolate that comes in many flavours.
    I won't use anything else now :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    PHD diet whey cherry bakewell, it really tastes like cherry bakewells and only 91 calories! I have it at least once a day. It is 20g protein and low carb.
  • arv51862
    arv51862 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Herbalife Formula 1 shakes... Little pricey but I've had good luck with their products years ago & now they offer a BUNCH of different flavor choices... My favorite so far is the Cookies & Cream.
  • myzzfit
    myzzfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really like the Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein. So far my favorite is the Cappuccino flavor. I buy it from Amazon. I'm trying the Rocky Road next.
  • KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use Omega Nutrition pumpkin seed protein. I'm lactose sensitive so whey is out, and the pumpkin has little to no flavour, and its a tiny scoop. I think 10g of protein for 1.5 tbsp so I usually use about 3tbsp per serving.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Throughout my time here I've tried quite a number of different protein powders, and am quite picky as a result.
    I noticed someone here recommend Designer Whey; I disagree with this completely, sorry to the person who posted that! I've tried Designer Whey's Vanilla Praline (which I found incredibly bland and tasteless) and their Chocolate Velvet (which I found to taste artificial and not very sweet).

I have enjoyed MusclePharm's powders (especially their Combat ones), but if I'm REALLY looking to treat myself I strongly recommend Quest's Vanilla Milkshake protein powder!!!! It has a nice blend of proteins (isolate and casein), and only 100 calories per serving (with considerable amounts of calcium). It's very sweet without the artificial or bitter aftertaste. I like all of Quest's flavors, but the Vanilla Milkshake wins me over because it can be used in so many other things, not just shakes!

I was also impressed with the Spiru-tein Blueberries & Cream Protein Powder, but that's plant based, so I'm not sure how you feel about that!
  • honeydew22
    honeydew22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nutiva Hemp Protein powder. Very little added flavor (IMHO) and its plant-based
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I used to love ON until I tried the Muscle Pharm Combat in Cookies and cream and haven't looked back. It tastes like a milkshake! At 140 calories, 25g of protein, and $45 for 5lbs at Costco I'm sold!
  • sarawalker14
    sarawalker14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in love with my chocolate muscel milk. If you mix it with coffee, tastes like a mocha. Best tasting protein shake I have found! Tastes great with almond milk or just water. If you are insomniac, I recommend drinking it in early afternoon, gives me a lot of energy.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I used to love ON until I tried the Muscle Pharm Combat in Cookies and cream and haven't looked back. It tastes like a milkshake! At 140 calories, 25g of protein, and $45 for 5lbs at Costco I'm sold!

Once a year or so, Costco offers a $9 instant rebate, making it $36. Obviously a good time to stock up.