From 170 lbs to 120

I know that's not a lot of weight per say. But it was such an experience losing it. I was not on MFP when losing, but rather I'm tracking with MFP to maintain.
I'm an 80/10/10 vegan, which means I get 80% of my calories from carbohydrates. It's an amazing diet to be filled with energy. Sometimes nowadays I eat more fat because I don't want to lose more weight. I lost weight eating around 2000-3000 calories a day, exercising around 40 minutes per day.
I'm really happy to help anyone need be. Please message me if you want any tips on veganism, fruitarianism (raw veganism), the Starch Solution (This is a high carb vegan meal plan, based on cooked carbs like potatoes and rice) or my thoughts of dieting in general. I'm really happy to help :)

Replies

• StalgiaPasternak
    StalgiaPasternak Posts: 55 Member
    50 pounds is A LOT of weight! I'm considering going vegan to lose weight and to feel better. I do believe veganism is the healthiest diet and I do think it's best for the planet. I have a 3 year old and a meat eating husband though so it's tough to change your own diet so extremely when you have to cook for two other people not on board. Can you recommend some really good vegan cookbooks, blogs, or sites? I have a couple of good cookbooks but I really want to avoid meat substitutes and focus on whole clean foods.

Thank you!

P.S. What are your stats and how long did it take for you to lose 50 pounds? Looks like you got to eat a lot of calories and still lose so that's great!
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    50 lbs is a LOT. I can hardly carry 50 lbs across my house without getting tired! Congrats!
  • vegansunflower
    vegansunflower Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2015
    StalgiaPasternak I recommend EarthlingNutrition on youtube, as well as Rice and Raw. As far as books go, I've heard of people reading 80 10 10 and the Starch Solution, but personally I haven't read them, because the guidelines are very simple to me. Eat healthy carbs, don't really stress about anything else.
    I am 5"3 in height and almost 17 in age if that's what you mean by stats. There have been times in my life that I was very active, but in recent years I've gotten to where I work out about 40-60 minutes 3-5 days a week.
  • AnaMariaStanescu200
    AnaMariaStanescu200 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello.I am really impressed by your results and i've been thinking of fallowing this life style,but i am afraid that i will gain wight.i've been fallowing Freelee-the banana girl for quite some time..and i find this lifestyle very appealing for me.i have also seen some videos from girls saying that they've gained weight on this lifestyle.I really don't know what to do.maybe you can help me ,I don't know how..but i just wanted to know more about your journey!
  • KhalanAmnell
    KhalanAmnell Posts: 29 Member
    50 pounds is A LOT of weight! I'm considering going vegan to lose weight and to feel better. I do believe veganism is the healthiest diet and I do think it's best for the planet. I have a 3 year old and a meat eating husband though so it's tough to change your own diet so extremely when you have to cook for two other people not on board. Can you recommend some really good vegan cookbooks, blogs, or sites? I have a couple of good cookbooks but I really want to avoid meat substitutes and focus on whole clean foods.

Thank you!

P.S. What are your stats and how long did it take for you to lose 50 pounds? Looks like you got to eat a lot of calories and still lose so that's great!

I lost 100 pounds being vegan I have 100 to go replacement meets are processed garbage and high in calories we really just have to go totally vegetable... At first I cooked for me and then I could separate for my family because they're all meat eaters then my husband started eating my vegan foods because I got to be quite the cook my son however is autistic but he's at least eating replacement means instead of regular meets I know they're high in calories but he doesn't have to lose weight and at least he's getting vegetables now something he would not eat before
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    That is quite an accomplishment, you should be proud!
  • vegansunflower
    vegansunflower Posts: 5 Member
    Hello.I am really impressed by your results and i've been thinking of fallowing this life style,but i am afraid that i will gain wight.i've been fallowing Freelee-the banana girl for quite some time..and i find this lifestyle very appealing for me.i have also seen some videos from girls saying that they've gained weight on this lifestyle.I really don't know what to do.maybe you can help me ,I don't know how..but i just wanted to know more about your journey!

Hello. I gained weight when I first started this lifestyle, but lost it over time. If your metabolism is slow, you will likely gain weight when you first start out. I took this as an incredible opportunity to love my body at any size. It will come off in time of you drink enough water, sleep enough, and reduce your salt (around 1500 MG per day).
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    I will pick your brains if I may! Due to eldest daughter turning some version of vegan / vegetarian, I find that we're going that route. She needs to put on a bit of weight (typical student), whilst her sister has to watch what she eats to some extent, and her father and I both need to lose, so finding balanced meals in a new format is proving interesting... Need all the help we can get :-) Protein is proving the to be the current stumbling block.
  • heatherlei808
    heatherlei808 Posts: 3 Member
    Great job!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Carry around two 25-pound dumbbells all day and then say 50 pounds is not a lot of weight to lose. ;) Well done!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    um....you are kidding that its not a big accomplishment right? Great job! Stay positive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!